Removed Driver Side Head Today. What can you tell me from the pics??

thepremier

I removed the driver side head today, and was hoping that I could get some info from the guys on here who are more knowledgable.

While taking it apart, you could definitely see that there was water in the oil, and the gasket appeared to be bad on the side closest to the steering wheel.

I would appreciate all the help I could get with this problem

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 254
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 250
  • photo7.jpg
    photo7.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 249
Hi,
Well, I can tell you that the gasket was blown,and that it looks like coolant was getting in all the left bank cylinders. #5 was probably the first to go. Or maybe it distributed coolant to the others. Also,I can tell you that the cooling system has been sadly neglected. If you are thinking of just doing a gasket on the left bank,don't! The right head needs to be done also. Send the heads out and have them checked for flaws and cracks,and resurfaced. Be prepared to check the radiator and hoses,fan operation,thermostat and maybe the heater core. This system needs attention. There are drain plugs on both sides of the block. Pull the drains and flush the crap out of there the best you can. Living in Phoenix,you can't short cut your cooling needs. Good luck with your issues.