Remote turbo on a hybrid

dv8mtsp

I'm researching droping a GN motor in my 94 Camaro i am considering a remote rear mounted turbo.

http://ststurbo.com/home

It seems to be a good option.
There are LS1s running 500+ HP with this system.

Go ahead and do it! Let us know how it works out. It would simplify hybreads with the turbo 6.

The lag is HUGE! Some people just can't stand it, others don't care. The track times seem to work really well with v8 cars because the torque is still healthy after a deep drop in RPM after 1st gear. It's something that's easy to install but terrible for lag. Also I've heard of people complaining about the noise they make under hard acceleration that opens the wastegate. Seems as if the darn thing stays open (wonder why ;) ) and gets LOUD without a muffler.
I think it's a neat idea none the less and if you can live with the bad lag then go for it, definatly a wow factor.

I was watching some of the videos on there and it dosent seem like there was lag when they were demonstrating. I dont know for sure check some of them out.

The guys who say they have them over at camaroz28.com say there hardly is any, and that they love their system.

I'd definatly like to take a little test drive to see what if feels like. I'm pretty sure I'd like it but I wouldn't trade it for a hot turbo setup that's right off the manifolds.
They could probably get a stainless steel cat-back and wrap it with thermotec material to help keep the heat. That's just an idea but that's a LOT of thermotec :) .
One other thought on why the current customers are happy; there cars were n/a, now they carry their own atmosphere :) . Boost is boost, whether it's 4psi or 22psi it's still noticably better than 0psi :D .
For simplicity that definatly looks like the way to go and I'd probably do it if the car wasn't a daily driver.

I heard there was very little lag with that setup too. There is a guy here in south florida that is putting down good numbers with the meth injection kit.

Putting a turbo under the hood of a 4th gen camaro can only be a nightmare. There isn't any room to begin with let alone adding a bunch of piping and 1 or 2 turbos.