? regarding 85 GN

JDSfastGN

Well the car had been sitting for a few weeks and before that rarely got driven. Due to my sister getting into a wreck in her Z28 i was going to let her drive my truck and i was planning on driving my dads 85 Gn for a week or two (until i get my 87 back together) Anyways after a round of mods (fixing exhaust leak, tranny cooler, new chip, gutting cat, changing fuel filter) andl after getting it all back together i started it up and it ran good. I let it warm up a bit and then after a while noticed oil smoke out the exhaust. It kept getting worse until i shut it off. I checked the PCV to make sure it wasn't causing it (blocked it off and it still smoked) Strange thing though, there is no vacuum from the PCV? The PCV is a newer delco unit and i cleaned it out to be sure. What could cause this? I also pulled the downpipe and noticed a little oil around the exhaust wheel, is this for sure the turbo or can a leak in the motor (valve guides, ring etc..) cause oil to be on the exhaust side of the turbo? the 3 random plugs i pulled were all oil fouled so I assume the its the turbo. If it matters the car is 45,000 on a rebuild, stock turbo, full ATR exhaust and headers , fuel mods, ported big valve heads, large cam of unknown specs and converted to 87 ECM, LT1 translator etc.. I had been fighting knock retard and overall slowness for the past few hundred miles its been driven.

What color is the smoke? Do you have a pressurized block? Check the oil fill tube and cap to see if the engine can breath. Brad

According to your descrription, it is most likely the turbo seal.
Is there any oil on the compressor side/TB?