Red's volt booster de-install, Help

tracer

INOV8
I've got my PAC alky kit installed and I'm told to get rid of the volt booster. It's been on there so long I can't remember what to plug back into the alternator when the volt booster comes off. Help anybody? :confused:

I have not installed my PAC alky kit yet but I have the booster still on my car.
Why do you need to remove the booster?

According to Razor, gives you non-linear fuel and alky curves and can make the car run rich. I notice most remove it when they go with alky. I'm just starting to tune my car and don't want the extra variable.

BTW, found my old install instructions and parts so I'm all good on the de-intall.

Hope this isn't a dumb question....Is this the same as a hot wire for the FP? If not what is it? I have one too :confused:

Not a hot wire kit. It is (I think) a pressure switch that connects to the back of the alternator and asks for more voltage when boost increases. Hot wire kit is fine.

I took mine off after installing the alky kit. The car is very easy to tune and I have no regrets about removing it. I'm up to 25#'s on pump gas and looking to go further. Razor kit, yah man.

I took mine off after installing the alky kit. The car is very easy to tune and I have no regrets about removing it. I'm up to 25#'s on pump gas and looking to go further. Razor kit, yah man.
Did you replace the connector that goes into the Alt? My VB plugs into the alt with 2 wires and I think stock only uses 1 wire. Guess I will have to buy a new connector from Capers? Part number 108057

I hear ya man. The laws of the physical world suck. On the other hand, I guess Caspers has to make a living too.:biggrin:

FWIT all you have to do is remove the vac/boost line to the VB and everything is stock/normal again.

Gary