Redoing my stereo after theft

mike85gn

Get Bent!
Anyways, I've decided to go ahead and begin piecing together a mild upgrade system for my GN. I've got a good deck and the amp isn't too bad (Pioneer 5200 and Kenwood KAC-748) and since it's 4-channel (35x4 RMS), I'd like to run some door speakers as well (I have the Concert sound setup). With the Pioneer 5¼" in there, it sure doesn't seem to belt out a lot of sound. Is there something I should know about those stock pods? Is there some material in there I can remove to get some more volume/tone? Also, I have some old Pioneer 6x9" mounted on the read deck in 4x10" adapters. I noticed that they sound rather flat. Is there something else there as well? The amp has internal crossovers, what should these be set to in terms of filters of dB boost? Is there anything else you would recommend to really fill the cabin?

The primary reason that your door speakers arent quite as loud is that the grill cover is thick carpet. If you want to improve on it, you can use sound transparent material (grill cloth) in place of the carpet.

Another way is going with a custom set of door pods or kick panel pods which will make a world of difference and there are a few members that have kick panel pods that will agree with me on pods.

If you go with the aftermarket kick panel pods, you will be looking at the $175.00 and up range but it is money well spent. If you are interested in door pods, click on my link in my sig to see what they look like.