redneck painting

equalizer442

i found something neat on accident today, i accidetly sprayed my t type with clear engine enamal and it braught out the color! the green paint was faded pretty bad but that engine enamal bruaght out the rich green that it used to be. it looked so good that i sprayed the whole car with engine clear coat.

does any one know if this stuff can be used on sand blasted down pipes and new turbo houseings? its rated at 500 but im not sure how hot the turbos get.

hmmm, wonder if they made any high temp clear coat, it would be a good way to get the exhaust houseing to stop from rusting. i hate haveing to wirebrush it once a week.

when i put on the new oil line i noticed that it touched the compressor houseing, is it ok that i just disconnected it and slid a 2 inch long peace of high temp fuel line insulation over it or should i bend the line slightly?

You sprayed the whole exterior of your car with cans of clear engine enamel?? Pics??

Originally posted by equalizer442
hmmm, wonder if they made any high temp clear coat, it would be a good way to get the exhaust houseing to stop from rusting. i hate haveing to wirebrush it once a week.
they do, VHT flameproof clear. good up to 1500 degrees

You sprayed the whole exterior of your car with cans of clear engine enamel?? Pics??

no but i can get some if i ever get around to getting them developed, the car looks really good but i want to do a few more coats and wet sand and buff it. the car needs a paint job any way lol