recommended fluids for a modded GN

SpeedRacer X

What are the recommended fluids for a modded GN that will probably run 11's or 12's in the 1/4 mile??

Stock factory rear differential (could I use Redline Shockproof Heavy?) any other suggestions?

fresh engine with only 1,000 miles: synthetic or standard 5/30, 10/30 or 10/40 oil??

Radiator: use water wetter additive?

Level 10 transmission: what fluid should I use? Redline ATF?

Any advice, much appreciated.

Motors are usually broken in on dino oil, and then switched to a synthetic. A lot of people use Mobil One. As long as you are good about changing the oil, any decent brand/type will do.

Don't use water wetter. Use RMI 25. Check out nick micale for RMI25 or do a search on it.

Can't tell you much about the AT or Rear fluids.

For your rear end, choose a lube with a friction modifier it will take care of any chatter in your diff. Redline has this in it , ask the vendor to be sure.
Please, no rebuttle jokes on rear end lubbing!

Oil

After your first oil change during break-in , you can use Mobil 1 0-40 wt. synthetic which stays in grade and "Energy Conserving" too, (AutoZone)..... Or Shell Rotella 5-40 Synthetic oil.....(sells at Wal-Mart)
Trans Fluid I use Amsoil Synthetic and I use Mobil 1 synthetic in the rear and the clutches don't chatter any more for 6 years. Didn't use any GM positraction additive either....but you can use it , just one bottle.... :)

:) Alan

I had chatter from Redline shockproof heavy gear oil and GM additive, switched to GM non-synthetic 80w90 and posi additive and chatter went away.

I use Mobil 10w30, most others on the board do also.

Straight water and RMI-25 in a healthey cooling system WILL bring your temps down 10-15 degrees maing.

I'd use Dextron 3 trans fluid, This can be used in the power steering also.

HTH

I was under the impression that you should use dino oil during all of the break in, 500 miles. Then you can switch to syntetic. Does anyone like the amsoil for the engine? What weight would you run with a large external oil cooler?