Recommendation on 3'' Down pipe?

Opie

I am wanting to get a 3'' down pipe. My car is mostly stock just wasn't sure what I need. Two piece or one piece. Whats the best bang for my buck. Not really going to be on the strip just want it to run strong. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Best bang for your buck would be to Port your stock elbow and find a s.s. 2.5" atr dp.. I know of a couple if your interested..

Grab a 1 piece from most any vendor. Junk the stock elbow

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I am wanting to get a 3'' down pipe. My car is mostly stock just wasn't sure what I need. Two piece or one piece. Whats the best bang for my buck. Not really going to be on the strip just want it to run strong. Thanks guys!

IF its mostly stock .. I would just leave the stock one on .. a 3" won't give you anything until your in the 11's

You will actually gain more from a ported elbow then you would the 3" downpipe ... The ported elbows are about $75 .. way more bang for your buck on a stocker.

This suggestion is if you actually want it run out a bit harder .. if you want to change up the downpipe just because then It should be pretty easy to come up with one ..

On another note I assume its chipped and has all the little work done.. as there are noticeable gains there.

IF its mostly stock .. I would just leave the stock one on .. a 3" won't give you anything until your in the 11's

You will actually gain more from a ported elbow then you would the 3" downpipe ... The ported elbows are about $75 .. way more bang for your buck on a stocker.

This suggestion is if you actually want it run out a bit harder .. if you want to change up the downpipe just because then It should be pretty easy to come up with one ..

On another note I assume its chipped and has all the little work done.. as there are noticeable gains there.

60lbs injectors chip to match Stealth 340 Fuel Pump hot wire kit Accufab adjustable fuel pressure regulator LT1 MAF and TRANSLATOR. Thanks! for the info