Recommendation for wide band O2 and meter...

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
As posted: Recommendation for wide band O2 and meter...(as a kit). No ECM. The OEM ECM sytem and sensors all removed and stored.

I'm considering the A&E guage that Summit has for about $180.00. It comes with the O2 sensor' and they also a sell bung that is mounted in a stainless band with a gasket for various size pipes if you have no way to weld one into your exhaust system. Autometer has some nice gauges too for a little more. Maybe someone has used either one?

I have an innovate LM-1. It was one fo the first widebands on the market. The LM-1 has a big box, but will record other inputs (like rpms, tps, MAP) and they can be view on a PC. The other plus is the LM-1 has an output so it can be used with EFI tuning software.

There's nothing special about the sensors. That dispaly is very nice. For cheap & simple - I would go with that for sure.

I lie the AEM one as they have an analog version and it sneaks into a cab without being overly bright or obvious.

Summit has the AEM combination digital/analog on sale on their web site for 157.95 plus the 10.00 handling fee.

the AEM stand alone unit works really good. plus the replacement sensors are cheap

I bought the AEM from Summit since I needed some other parts anyway. It's installed and it works great. I used the stainless no weld bung adapter band since I wanted to mount it just in front of a 3" muffler, and as far back as I could so leaded race gas would not hurt the o2 sensor as quickly. There was no way to weld the bung without taking the exhaust system off. I see what dr frankenstein means about flashing lights, but I would not be able to see the needle as well as the digital display when driving wide open.

I can see how that would be important to be able to see your AFR at WOT. I have a data logger that does all the recording for me and lets me keep my eyes on the road, and her reaction usually tells me if its running right or not :p. really i just like the Analog version since i have to be careful of appearence since the lights and numbers can scare off a 100 bucks.