Rebuilt tranny w/ 3.29 gears and PCM

mcad_c

I had fun yesterday, driving my "new" car.

Tranny;

Thank you to Miker for getting the gears and clutch mods and spending the time on the phone many times with me. Also thanks to Eric B and Steve N. (T-Type) for talking to me about the tranny.

I put in the C-Ya-Racing 3.29 gears, extra clutches in 1, 2, & 3rd gear. Removed the wave washers for a firm feel. A 2200 stall converter. This was the first time I opened a transmission. If you do, it get the shop manual.

Man, the gears in the tranny are nice! The shift is just awesome. Drive it like a grandpa and it acts like a Buick. Drive it like a racecar and the shifts are very firm. A perfect street/strip combo Miker!

Beta DHP 1999 Regal PCM;

The car started right up. No security light, and no codes.

Pulling hard up to 120MPH is a new feeling...and it is good!!!

The 180 fan calibration is awesome. The car never got over 187 while idling or running hard.

0 KR all the way up to 120MPH.

Fuel trims were right on, everything looked good on my scans.

Heh, blew out the used exhaust gasket during testing.

Still some issues with the perf shift, but we are working that out. thanks for letting me test this for you Charles!

And, the icing on the cake...........

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=73250&referrerid=7516

I also installed a LRD modified snout. It will accomidate a 2.5" pulley. I have the 2.8 on now and will try the 2.6" as soon as I get to the track.

I too have problems shifting from 2-3 with the perf shift on. Other than that, what a kick ass tranny, huh?

Before I had the DHP I couldn't shift to 2nd or 3rd with perf shift on (it'd just bounce off the rev limiter). Then Charles worked his magic and the 1-2 shift is fine, but we didn't have any place to test the 2-3 and it's still off. He said once we both get time he'll fix it for me (hopefully at the track). I'm also shifting out of 1st at 6200 now, which is fine with me. :D