rebuilt engines reasonable priced

badnat

autozone 3year unlimited mile warranty 30 over 1456.00+tax 256.00 core charge long blocks intercool for 86/87 complete with gaskets just ordered one will keep post on performance cant beat it:D

last one from autozone had the wrong heads and block. it was not drilled for the turbo return line. when we got the right one, it had a rod bearing let go in less then a month. i would never buy another from autozone. becarfel!

i was a manager for autozone more than likely you will not get the right motor for a turbo car, and you will go thru a couple before you get a decent one :wink:

also check in the paperwork, the crank and rods are probably ground to the max, also the few parts that are replaced with new are substandard also, you would be money ahead to rebuild yourself with good parts and know what you have when you are done! but if you buy one, for the extra $256.00 i would keep that core.

autozone 3year unlimited mile warranty 30 over 1456.00+tax 256.00 core charge long blocks intercool for 86/87 complete with gaskets just ordered one will keep post on performance cant beat it:D

Bad mojo, brother! Cancel the order, go have a cold one (or 3) and thank the guys here for sparing you from 3 years of utter frustration!

Warranty be damned- the 2nd or 3rd time you pull the engine, you'll want to shoot yourself.....

yeah like i said, i worked for them i hated to sell a motor there, yeah it was a big sell but i just knew headaches lay ahead, if you really want to go that route checkout jasper, a little more money but better quality and you should be able to get the correct turbo motor from them! :wink:

Had talked to a Jasper sales rep. a month or 2 ago and he told me that they would also rebuild your engine to keep the car numbers matching may be the way to go

I'd spend the few extra $$ and get somebody familiar with these engines to do the job.Granted, it's just an engine- but when an assembly line shop (like Jaspers, Grooms, etc) is screwing together SBCs and SBFs on a regular basis, I think it'd become really easy for the assembler to rely more on his "knowledge" of tolerances and clearances than to check the book.