Rebuilt BQ 2004R...$800 or...Trades?

clusolynn

2004R out of an 85' GN, recently rebuilt with zero miles. Pump rebuilt with hardened rings, new vanes, bronze pump bushing staked in place, drain back passage enlarged and dual springs in pump. .500 boost and .296 rev boost valves installed. Selective and thrust washers replaced as required, 3 pack friction for fourth gear, GN servo, HP band, thicker steels used for tighter clearances in all clutch packs, Raybestos frictions, new seals and gaskets, Level10 shift calibration kit in BQ valve body, 700R4 bottom feed filter and weld-in drain plug.

Also have 87' 2004R with KT valvebody, rebuilt with same mods above except it has Transgo Shift Kit instead of Level 10. Both $800 with exchange or partial trade(s) for H&R or BMR rear swaybar, any brand rear upper adjustable control arms, billet forward drum (2004R) or any billet trans parts, small Corvette style starter that will fit GN, upper door seals (on body; glass rolls up into it), SMC alky pump and/or bottle, 4L65E core complete with LS bolt pattern. Several references available from board members. Thanks, John.:cool:

What will the two tranny hold up to in hp numbers or 1/4 mile times? I am looking for a good 200 4r to install in my Monte behind my 406 making 439 hp and 437 trq.

on the 87, is it rebuilt since it was removed? Or rebuilt a while ago then removed?

thanks in advance

I got that they were rebuilt or was at one time but what level were they built to is what I need to know. I don't want one to grenade on me the first time I hit it with around 175-200 shot of nitrous.

I got that they were rebuilt or was at one time but what level were they built to is what I need to know. I don't want one to grenade on me the first time I hit it with around 175-200 shot of nitrous.

John can build you a transmission to suit your needs. $800 for a fresh transmission is a give away.

Thanks for the information I appreciate it. It's hard to find someone to build these right to hold up.

Nitrous?

An $800 transmission is not going to hold up to 175-200 shot of NO2! I can build it for that, although it will cost considerably more in either cash or trade. You might consider talking with some of the vendors on this site that make and design the billet parts to withstand the sudden pressures of NO2, if I were to build you a trans, I would have to buy the parts from these guys, you'd probably get a better deal dealing with them directly. Thanks for asking, John.:cool:

Fleebag...

One was recently built just for this posting and the other is waiting for? You! I will build it when someone shows an interest. I am really interested in trades for an after market swaybar and upper adjustable control arms. If you are interested, give me a call. Thanks, John.:cool: