rebuilding motor

sandmann

i'm leaning towrard a rebuild since i stripped out a spark plug and i'm a perfectionist. i've got

stock block
trw pistons
stock crank
hemco upper
ported polished anderson stock heads
65mm t/b
anderson ported intake
stock crank
42.5 inj
new coil pac
T3 turbo
stock i/c
new maf/ stock

anderson cam, very mild.
i was thinking a girdled block and good pistons/rods with a te-60 turbo, 3200 stall, 60#'s pte i/c and maybe champion heads will net me high ten's. am i on the right track? any and all input is appreciated.

i'm an 1/8 mile runner, so i'm trying to get a 6.90-7.0 out of this motor and still be streetable.
\thanks

I dont think the girdle is needed -billet center caps should be more than enough to reach your expectations if you re keeping your current combo.

LOL, not just for the stripped spark plug. i want everything painted and powdercoated under the hood, SO might as well do a good rebuild too. its got a little T3 on it now, and it'll be just my luck if i upgrade the turbo, i/c something will let go a week later. more for peice of mind :D

i was thinking a girdled block and good pistons/rods with a te-60 turbo, 3200 stall, 60#'s pte i/c and maybe champion heads will net me high ten's. am i on the right track? any and all input is appreciated.
Girdle the bottom if you have plans to go over 500 hp. the TE-60 will work real nice with a 10" 3000 stall. 3200 should be good with the champoin aluminum heads. The 60# injectors are a bit large, I would suggest 50# FI. Depending how good a port job you have on the iron heads - Iron heads are good on the street and will get you into the 10s.

Hope this helps you.