rebuild parts list any suggestion or expectations?

jerritt

ok im just focusing on the block and i have done research and took my block to the most experienced machine shop i could find with the grand national in my area
Machine work:
cleaned
bored .20 over
aligned honed
decked
drilled 2nd and 3rd main oil holes to 3/8
will have balanced once i get parts

Part ideas:
(im trying to get as many parts as i can from cottons performance)
forged crank 4340 stock
COMP Cams® Roller Cam Kit
-(ductile roller cam, double roller timing chain set, adjustable roller cam button, roller lifters, and high performance valve springs & locs.)
K1 H beam performance rods (5.960)
Diamond pistons (.20 over) pro select rings (reccomanded by cottons perfromace for these pistons)
RJC girdle (20 bolt)
Billet steel main caps

i know this is just the block and i need several more parts to go along with this to actually make my car faster but im trying to sure up the bottom end so no matter what direction i decide to go in i know i will be able to trust the bottom. i would like some feed back on this to let me know if i did alright or if i should start from scratch again lol thanks for any help

there are fast cars on the stock block with your mods. personally if i had it to do all over id have found a stage block for mine. just depends on how fast ya wanta go.

Keep the cam size small. 212/212 or less if using iron heads and plans to see a lot of street duty. I would also make sure the compression ratio came in at 8.5-9.0:1. You don't need a stroker kit but it is an option at this point since you are buying a complete rotating assembly. I sure hope your builder/machinist is good and know Buicks well!

...................drilled 2nd and 3rd main oil holes to 3/8 .............../QUOTE]

This is NOT a good modification, it will cause low oil pressure/delivery to the main and rod bearings, it is NOT needed. :mad:

A good oil pump/cover with the proper mods will supply all the oil needed for 1000 HP on a 109 block if all the other clearances are properly done.

Since you are working with Cotton's, Jack is the person that will give you the best advise on cam selection and the other parts to optimize your complete build. :smile: