Rearend ???

bigdwg03

What rearend is everyone running? I was told that a 12 bolt tubes would twist out if I put 650 horse leavin on a trans brake to it. Doest sound right to me.... Opinions?

That's what I thought but they said if you do that then the center section will break because it's cast iron and needs to flex

stock rear will hold 650 for a long long time. Drop in a set of moser's and rear disc or clip eliminators and go have fun.

Moser 12 bolt? Are the tubes welded all the way aroud? How much power/ what times you running?

Yes Moser 12 bolt I don't know about the tubes... But the last time I dyno'd the car it showed 507 rwhp at 17psi, the car went 11.4 @ 125 with a ****ty 1.9 60ft. But that was last year before the full suspension/ rearend restore. (all stock suspension)

I'm starting with a 7.5 right now but I have a Moser 9" Ford sitting in the store room. Gotta get the car put back together enough to run right now so I'm not worried about it. We'll have to see hwat happens first.

If you leave street tires on ur 7.5 will be fine but dont add slicks or you will break it....

If you leave street tires on ur 7.5 will be fine but dont add slicks or you will break it....

We've gotten a 7.5 to live with 600 HP before but you have to brace the center. It was on slicks as well so I know it will hold up for a while until I decided to swap it out for the 9".:biggrin: