Rear window carpet

milldorr

Has anyone ever replaced the rear grey carpet that sits in the rear window area? My carpet is faded and dry rotted. Are there any vendors selling a replacement carpet?

GO TO YOUR LOCAL UPHOLSTERY SHOP AND BRING A PIECE OF THE GRAY CARPET WITH YOU AND THEY WILL MATCH IT UP FOR YOU...MAKE SURE YOU MEASURE WHAT SIZE YOU NEED...I DID IT MY SELF AND IT WAS VERY EASY TO DO......GOOD LUCK

VINCE

I have a grey package tray that came out of a car with tinted windows. I have not looked at it lately but I don't think it was faded. The hardboard backing is not cracked or broken. Yours for $20. plus shipping ..probably about $12.00 to ship..

Go to YOURAUTOTRIM.com..........I use them for EVERYTHING, and I do ALOT of interior work. Good prices, and shipped very quickly. I did mine in Faux leather on my own and other cars and comes out nice depending on the look you want. Otherwise I would recommend a Super-flex type carpet, also comes out very nice and I've used that in alot of applications. If your gonna do it yourself, which is very easy. See if you can't get some Weldwood contact cement from a local upholstery shop, its best in a gun, but can be rolled or brushed also. Worst case scenario buy the best rattle can spray adehesive you can (probably 3M) make sure the surface is very clean, cut your material, and make sure you spray both surfaces regardless of what glue you used. Let it tack, lay your tray on the material, flip and smooth it out. Trim and leave about an inch and wrap and glue all the way around. Good as new:cool:

I've got a very nice one(would look new with a shampoo) you can have for free, if you're anywhere close to Indianapolis. I don't want to have to ship it.

Just had mine redone at a local trim shop....took him about 20 minutes to pull the old off and glue down the new..........all for 30$......beats the hell outta buying something thats 20 + years old and used.