rear tire size

Move Over

Im shortly going to be running a new set of drag radials on the rear but im trying to figure out what size/brand to get. I have gta fronts all around and am currently looking at a 255/50r16 mickey thompson et radial. I wanted to know if i could go up in size to a 275 or if im kind of stuck at 255 i have seen threads saying 255 works but nothing about the 275 if anyone can fill me in or make any recomendations.

I needed to know if it will work with a 16x8 with 4.75 backspacing as I believe that's what the gta fronts are

I don't think a 275-50-16 is offered in a Mickey Thomson DR, is it? A 60 series will fit even easier because it is narrower than the 50, but taller. I ran IROC wheels on my Red T, 4 fronts, (same as GTAs) and ran 255-50-16s in the rear. I also used 2" studs so I could use a 7/16" universal spacer to increase my backspace.

it doesnt have to be a mickey thompson thats just what i was looking at just wondering if there is a 275 tire that will fit well if not ill run the 255's just trying to get as much as i can under there without it rubbing to much.

It probably will. One time I put on 295-50-16s. I can't remember the dimensions, and I couldn't have the car sit low, but they worked. You might consider Sumitomo HTRZ tires in the 255 size. Cheap and stick pretty good.

I don't think a 275-50-16 is offered in a Mickey Thomson DR, is it? A 60 series will fit even easier because it is narrower than the 50, but taller. I ran IROC wheels on my Red T, 4 fronts, (same as GTAs) and ran 255-50-16s in the rear. I also used 2" studs so I could use a 7/16" universal spacer to increase my backspace.
yes it is i have that size on my mustang 275-50-15. i got 275-60's on my buick and they rub like a whore :mad:

yes it is i have that size on my mustang 275-50-15. i got 275-60's on my buick and they rub like a whore :mad:

Well, that would depend on what wheels you are using and the offset. What wheels do you have? Where are they rubbing? Inside or on the wheel lip?