rear tire size to go with

What is the biggest size tire that will fit on the rear stock wheels and what kind of Drag radials do you guys suggest. Thanks

If I were you I'd buy a 275/60 BFG because the look better, don't bulge on stock rims, and the 28" tall tire won't limit you RPM wise. The speedo will be slightly off though.

A 275/50 will work but you might need a small spacer. I did on my stock wheels, and if you have aluminum brake drums you probably won't need a spacer though. The 50s also keep the stock height of 26" which will limit you in a 1/4 race because you're run out of RPMs.

Check my photo albums. I have pictures of my car with each. The Welds have the 275/60s

I went w/ the 275/60's on my stock rims. Looks good but am having a lot of rub, put spacers in and didn't help much. Now im going to resort to notching the frame.

Most people suggest the Nitto DRs for the street simply because they last about twice as long as the BFGs and are great in the rain. The BFGs are downright dangerous in the rain.

I'm running the 275/50/15s nittos, and have no problem at all with rubbing. If you run less than 112 in the 1/4 then the 50s will be fine, if your faster then that you may want to look at the 60s.