Rear Sway bar for 1/4 mile

aquickv6

Would there be a noticeable difference between an ATR type rear bar compared to the HR rear bar (other than the price) on a car running 1.4 60' times. I know it can be done with either set up but what's the main advantage for the extra $300?

I used the ATR and now the HR....my car 60's in the low 1.4's.....the difference between the two is dramatic......with the ATR, the car would twist a bunch and pull the drivers side wheel about three feet in the air....with the HR, no twist and would pull both front wheels just off the ground....

My HR input...

Installation was a snap. Set up..DITTO
Scaled and needed to move a few lbs. left and forward.
Pulls like it is on a string, front end stays level, and highway driving is a most noticeable improvement.
I've got METCO uppers and lowers with new springs and Bilsteins.
I'm happy...

:D

aquickv6 said:
Would there be a noticeable difference between an ATR type rear bar compared to the HR rear bar (other than the price) on a car running 1.4 60' times. I know it can be done with either set up but what's the main advantage for the extra $300?

I've been in a few cars with the ATR, that makes your knuckles turn white when leaving, with the HR bar, the drama, is gone. With the ATR, the *sway bar forces* try to bind up the lower links, as the car twists, with the HR those forces go into the frame, allowing the links (bushings, actually) to work as designed. Even with Heimed lowers, the ATR will still try to bind things up, by deflecting the links.

Least that's how I see things.