Rear suspension

VictoryTrans

The cars stock....I swear
I was just wondering what all 8 and low 9 sec cars are using for a suspension in the back. As of right now, my dad has the following:

QA-1 Adjustable shocks
Wolfe Single sway bar and ATR sway bar
Hotchkis upper and lower controls arms with braces
notched frame with 28.5x11.5 Phoenix slicks

I'm semi-confident that this will work fairly well, but I was just wondering everyone else setup just for comparison. Any help or suggestions on my dads setup would also be appreciated. Thanks

8.51 @ 162

Wolfe Uppers and Lowers
Wolfe Double Sway Bar
Shocks not worth mentioning =)

Have gone 1.35 on it

I dont go 9s but the stock location sway bar should be removed if using the wolfe bar. (that is what wolfe told me when i ordered mine)

John do you know anyone who has the double sway bar and has exhaust with tail pipes??

Walt,

Chris's car has just down pipes. I am not sure
of any other buick using the double bar???

You can email him and ask for some pictures.
cchow@gene.com

Walt,

Chris's car has just down pipes. I am not sure
of any other buick using the double bar???

You can email him and ask for some pictures.
cchow@gene.com

Whats the reason why the ATR bar should be removed?? and also, would the listed setup be good for a mid to high 8 sec pass? Thanks

I just got off the phone with wolfe.

You are NOT let me repeat NOT to run the stock or any
other sway bar with their product. It will screw up the
settings and how the wolfe bar is to work! Now on
to is your suspension good for 8 and low 9 sec cars.
I don't think your controll arms are the greatest but
you should be able to do it. They have cars in the
8.4 range with a single bar on a buick. Much faster
on the mustangs.

Is the reason you were selling the wolfe controll
arms becuase you wanted to retain the stock sway bar???

Actually, I dont really know the reason that he wants to sell the control arms. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with not having the time to fool around with them, and he said something about the car not sitting right when they were installed. But with everything going on now with the shop burning, there is definitely no time......and he could use the money:)

And also........I know the Hotchkis arms arent really optimal for an 8 sec car, but they seemed to work good when he ran 9.50's and I was just wondering if that would be as far as they would go reliably

I have the 3.5 single shot with the wolfe bar and it was a major project. I will send you some pics of it installed.

John i sent the pics to you guys. There were a lot of hours in this. The 3.5 houston pipe was cut 3"s to tuck the system up higher.Three hangers were fabed. And the tail pipe had to be cut several times and rolled towards the center of the car to clear the sway bar.

Tony,

I think Frank Ski went low 9s on the hotchkis control arms
before he went to ladder bars. They should be ok.
Your Dad would be better off putting the wolfe ones
back on and selling the hotchkis to a street car guy!

BTW- My heart goes out to you and you father regarding
his business. May God bless him and get him back in the
game soon.

Walt,

Thanks for the pictures. I could view them at work through
my web based mail program, but at home I down loaded into Outlook Express and it removed the attachments ????

Thanks bill gates =(

Thanks John.........as everyone probably knows, things get worse before they get better. And the shop burning wasnt the last tidbit of bad news that we got. But as of right now, he's still taking in work and In the process of opening up a new place

And I'll see what he says about the Wolfe arms, Im sure the Hotchkis will get the job done, but I know the Wolfe arms would be much better