Rear Suspension upgrades

J_BEATTY

I'm going to replace my upper & lower controll arms on my 86 T-type. I'm looking for the best bag for the buck (don't get me wrong, I'm willing to dump cash for quality parts). I need some suggestions, manufactures, and such. If some one's got some advice I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jim

I like Global West's lower w/spherical front bearing and Delalum rear, Edelbrock double adjustable upper and rear shocks and either Wolfe RaceCraft or TRZ Motorsports spherical differential bearing.

I've got the Global West lower and the Edelbrock upper adjustable, along with Bilstein's and Eibach springs. I've only been able to drive it once since the upgrades, it defenitely handles the turns alot better. The only complaint I have is the springs, the rear is lower than the front now. The rear dropped at least an 1" and the front went up about 1/2", springs are installed right (seated right and not upside down). Talked to Eibach and they haven't been much help, they did verify that I had the correct part numbers, but that's all the further I've gotten with them and they haven't called me back yet. Anyone else run into this situation? I will post more on handling and feel as I can (started another upgrade after the suspension and wouldn't you know it, it caused a chain reaction of problems). If you go Global West, don't bother with a sway bar, they will tell you that you don't need it and the holes won't line up anyway with the stock bar. The only thing that sucked about doing the rear suspension were removing the upper control arm bushing's on the differential, 18 years of rust. A torch and alot of pre soaking will help.

Originally posted by 1985BuickGN

The only complaint I have is the springs, the rear is lower than the front now.

The rear dropped at least an 1" and the front went up about 1/2",

springs are installed right (seated right and not upside down).

Talked to Eibach and they haven't been much help, they did verify that I had the correct part numbers,

but that's all the further I've gotten with them and they haven't called me back yet. .

:eek: :eek: :eek: That's pretty serious!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

go to www.hrpartsnstuff.com. Depending on the goals you are looking fro there are some very good suspension components reasonably priced there. Excellent service and the stuff flat out works. I use it on both my cars.

Thanks for everythig guys. I've been looking at your suggestions and think I've decided what to go with. See ya soon.
Jim

Check out Hotchkis. They have a ton of suspension parts for our cars. I bought a total vehicle system that includes the upper and lower control arms, sway bars, springs, trailing arms. I think thats it but not totally shure. It was 1,300 shipped. They also sell parts individually. Check them out at www.hotchkis.net

Nick