Rear Speakers for Stock Deck

mmarlett

Happy Spring,

Forgive me, but I am not good with stereo speakers and their ohm ratings. I have a stock 87' radio/casette with the CSII set-up and I am looking to replace all 6 stock speakers. I can locate 4 ohm speakers for the front dash and doors. However, I see that the rear speakers are 10 ohm. After reviewing other postings on this forum, I understand incorrect speakers ohm ratings can damage the radio.

With the stock radio, do I need to continue to use 10 ohm speaker in the back? What is recomended for replacement rear 10 ohm speakers?

I prefer to keep 4 X 10 speakers and avoid any wire splicing, etc.

Thanks!
Matt

you need 10 ohms up front, 4 ohms in the back are ok for a oem style set up....you seem to have it backwards.
also,i can build you a plug so you can use 4 ohms in front,it will be plug and play...pm me for info.

Now I am really confused. I pulled a rear speaker (from inside the trunk) this weekend and it read Delco 10 ohm. I have this wrong?

I have not pulled the other front speakers. However, this is a factory original radio set-up.

So, so I must use 10 ohm speakers for the 3.5" dash? I also need to use 10 ohm speakers for the doors? Again, still confused on the rears.

Thanks
Matt

10 ohm dash
10 ohm doors .....equals 5 ohm each channel on front stereo outputs.

rear should be 4 ohm (theres only one speaker per channel,not two per ch like the front.)

Thanks Gary for the clarification. I will pull the front speakers in the upcoming weeks. However, when I got home last night, I confirmed the rear deck speakers have 10 ohm listed on them. I would post a picture on this link if I knew how. Then again, does it really matter?

It nice having help from members like yourself and the patience for slow learners like me.

Thanks!
Matt

Thanks Gary for the clarification. I will pull the front speakers in the upcoming weeks. However, when I got home last night, I confirmed the rear deck speakers have 10 ohm listed on them. I would post a picture on this link if I knew how. Then again, does it really matter?

It nice having help from members like yourself and the patience for slow learners like me.

Thanks!
Matt

rear 10 ohms wont matter,but they arent as loud as 4 ohms....glad to help...