Rear seat removal?

dragonational

That Guy
I was not sure if this would go in Tech or not so i figured i would post it here. How do you remove the rear seat in the 87 GN? I know its a wierd question but i have to get my rear seat belts working so the kids can ride in the car again. Any help would be great i cant find anything online about it.

Push in and up on the front of the seat. The seat belts mount on the bolts holding the back in place.

I have some pics here in the thread I started on my trunk firewall install. Lower seat comes out first. Have a pictures that shows the brackets that hold it in. You just push on the base of the seat near each bracket and it should pop up. Remove it and then you will have access to the belts. No need to remove the seat back unless you are missing the belt retractors which you can see in my pictures.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...18255-trunk-firewall-installed-some-pics.html

From the bottom edge of the seat (closest to the floor) push the seat to the rear lift and wiggle it a bit... they usually pop right out. Once you have done it it's a piece of cake!

At the middle of each rear passenger footwell, place your hands at the bottom edge of the seat (closest to the floor) push the seat to the rear. While pushing, lift and wiggle it a bit... they usually pop right out. Repeat on the other side. Once you have done it it's a piece of cake!

Thanks a million guys! My 4 year old is getting pretty mad at me because i wont let him ride up front yet and he cant ride in the back because the seat belts dont work.