Rear Main leak

AntMan

Replaced the rear main with the felpro neoprene gasket, used the side seals as well (the ones that go into the bearing cap) new Cometic oil pan gasket and the damn thing still leaks......any ideas?

Hate to say it but the side seals suck. I use right stuff for the verts and then use a wire coated with water to add moisture to the silicone. Many others use a pipe cleaner instead of the wire and I will go that route next. Did you put a "one molecule" thick smear of silicone on the main cap half as well?

Hate to say it but the side seals suck. I use right stuff for the verts and then use a wire coated with water to add moisture to the silicone. Many others use a pipe cleaner instead of the wire and I will go that route next. Did you put a "one molecule" thick smear of silicone on the main cap half as well?
X2 on the side seals. I did this last year and asked the board members here about it before I did it. No problems or leaks if you do it as explained above.

I just use permatex clear rtv, because i'm afraid if i used Ultra Black or the Right Stuff i would never get the main cap off again if i needed to for some reason.

Make sure when you fill the side cavities of the main cap that you keep going until you see the rtv squeeze out of the cracks between the cap and block, very important step.

Since i don't have to drive the car i let it sit for as long as i can before adding oil and starting the engine usually a week. But this is just my way of doing it and i don't have any leaks.

I just use permatex clear rtv, because i'm afraid if i used Ultra Black or the Right Stuff i would never get the main cap off again if i needed to for some reason.

Make sure when you fill the side cavities of the main cap that you keep going until you see the rtv squeeze out of the cracks between the cap and block, very important step.

Since i don't have to drive the car i let it sit for as long as i can before adding oil and starting the engine usually a week. But this is just my way of doing it and i don't have any leaks.

Now that is a simple, great idea. Let it sit a week, best thing I have read in the past week