real atr headers versus knockoffs

asloan5

Corn Fed alcoholic
is there a definitive way to tell real atr headers from the Chinese knockoffs ?
maybe in the clamping system used or did atr stamp "ATR" on the header flange as ta performance does ?

I know a good friend ("Fuelie600") bought some chinese stainless steel headers for his GN, but ended up having Brian Cotton taking them all apart and cut off all the restrictions inside them and reweld them back together again...:eek: Some of the tubes were welded too much far inside some other tubes, creating serious restrictions. Now the headers are ok, but if he knew how they were made and all the work involved to make them right, he might have bought some TA headers in the first place!

Claude.

maybe in the clamping system used or did atr stamp "ATR" on the header flange as ta performance does ?

I dont think ATR "tagged" any of their stuff, i do think the stainless is thicker than the e-bay crap and the flanges might be thicker too, Oh and chances are you won't find NEW ATR headers........
....if you want ATR/Kenne Bell type headers and dont want the hassle just buy from our supporting vender - Mark Huefman at TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, Olds G-Body Cars, S-10 Blazers/Pickups - price isn't too bad for Stainless Steel headers either, and i think they are guaranteed to fit.....[but ask Mark]

ATR headers do not have that mirror shine to them. The Ebay ones do. Most ATR's have a brown tint to them by now. The steel is thicker as stated before.