Ready to Cry

Well either I broke the shaft bolt when my motor fall or I pulled another bone head move. Look at my rpm, speed, and gear. Either I had it 3rd or the transmission didn't shift into OD. This the run that broke the shaft on. I think I had some valve float here and maybe this is why Bison always tells me to get 100# springs.

Also I have a question if you are trying to just achieve a top speed with a 200 4r, would you put the car in overdrive? I could have swore someone told me not to, to run it in 3rd because it would burn out the over drive band.

Another thing in this is my tps voltage, I thought I had the car floored. Looks like my tps may be off a little.
gauges.jpg

Also I have a question if you are trying to just achieve a top speed with a 200 4r, would you put the car in overdrive? I could have swore someone told me not to, to run it in 3rd because it would burn out the over drive band.

Awhile ago I asked the same question and the answer is no, do not run in over drive, place it in 3rd or "D" drive, over drive is for cruising the highway.

Awhile ago I asked the same question and the answer is no, do not run in over drive, place it in 3rd or "D" drive, over drive is for cruising the highway.

Lock the converter on 3rd or w,e mph you like if your chip allows you to do it thru the ecm. Dont run the car in OD. Even if im in the city if im staying under 45mph i leave it in D ..

Trial and Error....The best Teachers :rolleyes: Keep plugging away....There is a fast ass TR at the end of your road :D

Lock the converter on 3rd or w,e mph you like if your chip allows you to do it thru the ecm. Dont run the car in OD. Even if im in the city if im staying under 45mph i leave it in D ..
I'm a little surprised the converter isn't locked. I have a lock up converter, it is a stock D5 restalled to 3000. It should lock, conditions may not have been right.

Trial and Error....The best Teachers :rolleyes: Keep plugging away....There is a fast ass TR at the end of your road :D
Yes, there are. Looks like my top speed is 121 mph. Although, I know in OD I have hit 130 on I-75. Anyway.

I'm going to stop monkeying around with current build, trying to hit top speeds and what not, and build me a nice short block. Have clear goals in mind and in the interim just enjoy my car as a cruiser. I had this running less than 1 week before I broke something again. I think it is wiser to just buy a good used block, I have a std/std turbo crank and start from there. I can chose a cam and start my parts collection. I know rebuilding an engine is expensive, but for what I have broke I could have bought and built a pretty damn sweet setup. I'm one of the fortunate few who have managed to hang on to a good paying job. That's not bragging, that down on my knees being thankful.

Trying to push stock too far and I lack the experience I need. I realized the reason I may not have seen this issue in the past is because I was running with a slightly larger tire. MT DR, not sure of the exact height, but they are definitely taller than the 215/60/15 or 215/50/15 I'm running now.

I'm a little surprised the converter isn't locked. I have a lock up converter, it is a stock D5 restalled to 3000. It should lock, conditions may not have been right.

A stock d5 cannot be re-stalled to 3000 the most it can be re-stalled would be a few more hundred rpms than stock. From what i understand the most a d5 can be re-stalled to would be 2500-2700 i think that would be about the limit. There are ways to check to see if your TCC solenoid is seeing 12 volts just search it up on the Trans section lots of good info about switch on brake pedal, The 12 volts on the aldl plug for ecm to lock the converter. You can also check the TCC solenoid in trans or the plug on trans.

A stock d5 cannot be re-stalled to 3000 the most it can be re-stalled would be a few more hundred rpms than stock. From what i understand the most a d5 can be re-stalled to would be 2500-2700 i think that would be about the limit. There are ways to check to see if your TCC solenoid is seeing 12 volts just search it up on the Trans section lots of good info about switch on brake pedal, The 12 volts on the aldl plug for ecm to lock the converter. You can also check the TCC solenoid in trans or the plug on trans.

Well the guy that I got it from said it was and I had to take his word. His user name is ttype_x or something. Name is Tony. BTW I have my stock converter in my garage and it is a heavy sucker. A lighter slightly higher stall converter would do me some good, but there is no use right now. As I said, I'm going to stop abusing my stock setup and build a decent short block and with that will come some changes to the converter, trans and turbo. It might be 5 years from now, but it I'll eventually get there. The problem is you have to be careful parts. You buy a part one day and the next the company is gone.

Anyway thanks for that information.

Oh and here is a snapshot of the converter locked, in 3rd. At the bottom it is highlighted.

tcc_lock.jpg