Re Wrap Steering Wheel

Daggone!!!!! Wait a minute, I just remembered I have a few interior shots of the steering wheel after I restored the interior....here's some for you to tide you over until tomorrow...:)

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0433.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

There you go.....but I'll take some close-ups of the wheel tomorrow for you. How's that?

Bruce '87 Grand National

absolutely bruce i can wait thanx for taking the time to do that and merry christmas to u too as well as all the guys i will check out ur site kirban thanx

No problem,....very glad to help you.....gettin' old here, but I'll remember to post some close-ups for you. It's a real good feeling for me to be able to help others......they have done the same for me.:biggrin:

Bruce '87 Grand National

wow that is impressive craftsmanship nice color match as well just wat im looking for and was looking to see thanx bruce those pics were money shots glad to have guys like that still around i try and help where i can as well as ive been helped out by this community tremendously

I wonder if there is any chance the e-bay lady could add more padding to the wheel to make it fatter? Always thought our steering wheels were a little thin.

Matt

Hey Bruce does she also shine the silver in the spokes as well or did you do that if so how did you get it so clean, mine is starting to fade

Turbobooster, the below photos are for you as I promised yesterday...close-ups of the three spokes and a close shot of the whole steering wheel. I got the steering wheel from that web-site posted by WilliamsGN three years ago....still looks new.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Hope this helps you make a decision.....pretty nice steering wheel, isn't it? I keep a cover over mine to keep hand oils from staining it. Note Dennis Kirban's 140 mph speedometer I just put it.....THANK YOU DENNIS, I LOVE IT!!!!YOU ARE SUPER!!!!!!

87Granny....I use #0000 steel wool on the spokes, rubbing in the direction of the steel grain, front and back of the spoke...the rear of the spoke should be smooth, and the #0000 doesn't hurt it. Just put some newspaper in your lap to catch all the little steel wool particles that will drop.....be careful not to rub the leather on the spokes....I held a piece of plastic in front of the leather where it attatches to the spokes as I was rubbing the grain. The steering wheel comes all nice and purty, I just steel wooled the spokes to take off the hand oils when it's touched. The wheel looks brand new all over when you get it redone, so no worry. Never thought about waxing it.....does that really help?

Bruce '87 Grand National

wow that is impressive craftsmanship nice color match as well just wat im looking for and was looking to see thanx bruce those pics were money shots glad to have guys like that still around i try and help where i can as well as ive been helped out by this community tremendously

Thank you for the kind words.......I know you've helped out here and you get a lot of help in return....that's what it's all about....I'd be lost without this forum, no kidding. They have helped me in EVERY WAY in my restoring, fixing, taking care of my late Dad's GN. As I've said....I'd be lost if it weren't for all of my good buddies here on this forum. A very, very knowledgeable group.

(for all of the nice plugs here for you guys, please donate to my name so I can buy a Z06!!!:biggrin::biggrin:)

Merry Christmas. Be happy.

Bruce '87 Grand National

GBodyParts.com Online

If you do not have a core let me know. We will give you an indefinite time to return a core. In other words you don't have a core but you stumble upon one for $20 3 years from now we will still credit your core charge back.

What about T-type wheels that didn't originally have leather on them? Would that be an acceptable core, or are they different?