Re-painting the dash vents

jj86gn

Well,

I just read the bad news about the trim for the opera
windows :( but does anybody know what type of paint to use to re-do the silver trim around the vents in the dash. Mine are faded and I figure this should be an easy resto.

jj86gn,

I picked up some "chrome" nail polish for mine. It's not exactly chrome but a very very bright silver. I would guess no one would ever notice the difference. Did mine and it looks great. cost me about $2.50

i used a testors silver paint pen... re-did all the outter silver trim on all my bezels, looks good, though not a shinny-super bright chrome.

Thanks guys.

I used the Testor's silver paint pen and it look great!!
Now I have to reglue the IP pod back on and I'll be ready for the car cruises.

Originally posted by zam70
jj86gn,

I picked up some "chrome" nail polish for mine. It's not exactly chrome but a very very bright silver. I would guess no one would ever notice the difference. Did mine and it looks great. cost me about $2.50
I bought some chrome nail polish to see how chromey it looked. I've been wondering why do they sell chrome bumper paint and chrome nail polish when it's really looks no different than silver paint??:confused: :confused:False advertisment.:eek: :mad:

I asked a hobby shop about the "bare metal foil". They stated that it would come the closest to the original chrome look but you would have to be very careful of it rubbing off. Not good it you keep moving the vents or try cleaning the dust off of them.

The testors worked fine and matches the silver trim around the driver side vent. :cool: