Rarest TR Option??!!

Rare Option?

My brothers 87 GN has an ASC Sunroof:cool: I havnt seen to many with a ASC unit. I Love the way it pops up too.

Stage 5 said:
My brothers 87 GN has an ASC Sunroof:cool: I havnt seen to many with a ASC unit. I Love the way it pops up too.

Mine also has the ASC roof, along with pw, pl, cruise, a/c, rear defrost. I think that is it.

I had an 83 ttype with the bench 60/40 seat, pw, pl, rear defrost, moon roof, column shift, cruise and power trunk, cornering lamps, sentinal lighting... probably more but that car has long been gone. It was a complete rust bucket.

Dennis F said:
Mine also has the ASC roof, along with pw, pl, cruise, a/c, rear defrost. I think that is it.

I had an 83 ttype with the bench 60/40 seat, pw, pl, rear defrost, moon roof, column shift, cruise and power trunk, cornering lamps, sentinal lighting... probably more but that car has long been gone. It was a complete rust bucket.

Thats cool! His has power everything plus right mirror control and Trunk Trim Covering. Like to see diffrent optioned cars! :cool:

Mike Licht said:
86 T Type,
45/45 Leather Buckets, Astroroof, Electronic Touch Climate, Twilight Sentinal, remote trunk, posi, and tons more. White with Blackout and Grey Leather. I was told only 20 turbo cars had 45/45 leather buckets in 86. Don't know for sure. I do know I have never seen another like this one and I had seen a bunch
Mike

Hi Mike, long time bud-

I think the 86 with 45/45 mini console leather was 350 or so, but that included both tan and leather. Ive posted numbers here about the 45/45 since i had one, but ive forgotten the actual figures, been a few years.

Possibly only 20 with the sunroof and leather, that ive never seen before!
My 86 silver with grey leather, digital climate, hardtop, posi,analog dash, the W02 was standard/manditory in 86.
Wished the car was still here, but gone into a melting pot somewhere.

Owning that 86 with the leather is the only reason why now i have limiteds, comfy column cruise.
These cars are great :biggrin:

BW

Beast_TR said:
I like to think my 87 GN is rare. No power windows, power locks, power seats, no cruise control, power mirror, and a remote manual passenger side mirror adjuster. I have been told that the mirror adjuster was rare, and I have yet to see another one with that on it.

my 86 is the same. but i have cruise control. no power mirrors on both sides tho

Holy crap Mike L! Sounds like we have the same cars! I have the same options except my exterior is black.

my sage car is the rarest amongst the land ,landau roof ,opera ligh ,corner lamps twighlight ,chrome mirror ,with T Tops and power seat.it not coming outof the garage for a long time.. :eek:

I'll take a shot:

87 Regal, Limited
Dark blue
Chrome delete- that cost my girls Dad (the original owner) money to have. I can't believe GM charged to remove the chrome, lol.
Twilight
Remote trunk
Column shift
60/40 bench
Mirrors are body color and both are adjustable from the drivers seat
Dark blue cloth interior
Rear defroster
AC/Cruise/power locks and windows

I think that's about it.

Accordig to some TR book my girl has there were only about 1100 Limited turbo cars in 87. I wonder how many of them were dark blue?

Beast_TR said:
I like to think my 87 GN is rare. No power windows, power locks, power seats, no cruise control, power mirror, and a remote manual passenger side mirror adjuster. I have been told that the mirror adjuster was rare, and I have yet to see another one with that on it.

My 87 GN has the driver's and passenger's remote mirror adjusters. They are both broken. Terrible, terrible option. I also have (well, had) a dealer installed alarm - is this considered original equipment?

stizkidz said:
My 87 GN has the driver's and passenger's remote mirror adjusters. They are both broken. Terrible, terrible option. I also have (well, had) a dealer installed alarm - is this considered original equipment?
I agree, the remote mirror on the right side had poor control right from the factory. The alarm, if dealer installed, may be GM but not factory. Factory used the theft deterrant light on the dash, no key fob.

neat said:
I'll take a shot:

87 Regal, Limited
Dark blue
Chrome delete- that cost my girls Dad (the original owner) money to have. I can't believe GM charged to remove the chrome, lol.
Twilight
Remote trunk
Column shift
60/40 bench
Mirrors are body color and both are adjustable from the drivers seat
Dark blue cloth interior
Rear defroster
AC/Cruise/power locks and windows

I think that's about it.

Accordig to some TR book my girl has there were only about 1100 Limited turbo cars in 87. I wonder how many of them were dark blue?

1035 Turbo Limiteds produced in 1987
I sure love them limiteds, Blue,Silver,and White 87 limiteds so far.

My dark blue limited has the following options from the factory.
Limited package
astroroof
tilt cruise
power trunk,seat,locks,windows,
twilight sentinal
ac
pass seat recline
I think dual ashtrays in the back of the seats..
Mine has the chrome on it, sounds close to yours

Here is a link to it in the members section http://turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192143
My white one has chrome, but my silver one has the blackout trim..
Blackout limiteds are very rare!
BW

Hey "NEAT"---I have the same car as your girl !!! The only difference is that my passeger mirror is not remotely controlled -only the drivers side. I have body color bumpers (stored the chrome ones) and, of course, blackout trim. Got the car in 1995 from orginal owner--now has 54K miles on it.

rare

How about 86 t type in dark metalic blue with all options except t tops, cruise and radio delete. Bottom line is they would do the Burger King thing @ Buick... :biggrin: "have it your way"

Ya, mine has got the cruise, tilt, and the ashtrays too. The passenger seat reclines as well.

I wish there was some kind of program you plugged your specific car into and it told you how many clones of you there were.

A blacked out, dark blue limited, with the blue interior, column shift, etc... I bet there is less than 500 of my girls car. It would be interesting to know the exact numbers.

It's kinda cool, her Dad bought the car brand new, and then she drove it in high school through out the late 90's. After she graduated, it ended up sitting for 5 years in Las Vegas while she was out here in NC. Eventually, he just gave it to her, and she had it shipped out here. It sat in a non-running state for another year or 2 here in NC until she started dating me. No way that bitch is gonna sit and rot while I have access to it, lol.

Awhile ago she admitted to me that she thought the car would never run again when we started working on it, lol. Now, she's nipping at the heels of my Corvette at the track. A couple more low dollar mods, and she'll be faster than me, lol.

turbofish38 said:
I think those 86 T-Type with the leather 45/45 and shorty console are really rare. I've seen 2 and both were tan interiors. I dont think you could get the gray leather in 86. And the 87 Limiteds with the tan 45/45 combo too. I've only seen 1 with that interior. I'm not 100% for sure but I think you could get a red interior in a WH1. Another rare oddball.

I dont know where you guys are getting your numbers from as there aren't any posted figures on that type of information. Pure speculation. I've tried to get Buick and GM to kick that information out. Somewhere there are tapes or discs stashed that have every stink'n SPID label recorded. It wouldn't take long to itemize those figures. I bet there would be some surprises there.

I have 2 86 wh-1's here now with gray leather & mini console.

Wife's 86 wh-1 with t-tops was tan leather.Changed that to a GN interior in 1 weekend talk about ugly Black & Gray with tan leather.I kept the interior for the car though.

Also have a hard top 86 Wh-1 here, Burgundy interior & about every option except I think it doesn't have a block heater.The car is getting stripped for paint now & the drive trane is out.

The weirdest Limited I have is originally 2 tone gray with tan leather & mini console.
Moon roof, manual windows,Power antenna,& radio delete.Repainted red by previous owner.

I have another 84 limited here that was is manual windows & chrome mirrors sage green but of course not a turbo car.

I have been through alot of these cars & the 86 t's & the 87 Limiteds seem to have the weirdest combos.

more rare cars

geez maybe it is worth me hanging on too my 87 ltd w/leather,burgandy ext,tan leather,astro roof,alum bumper supports,blk out,posi,got pictures just need help posting. jim

I have an 86 GN with manual locks,windows, seats, no tilt wheel ,no cruise, no rear defogger, but it does have the CF5 factory moonroof. I thought no power options with a factory moonroof was rare and weird. :eek:

whats the differrence between the 60/40 and the 45/45 seats.. not really sure wich one i have..... does any one have any pics??? thanks.... dont know how rare mine can be......ill try posting up a picture if i can... and also whic one is the shorty console??? thanks

Of all the things that have not broken on my car, it's the friggin remote mirror controls, LOL! They both work fine, does that make it rare?

This car has tested my patience as I have broken/replaced just about everything on it and hearing others discuss this just made me laugh. OK back to the garage.