Rare T-type..

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Well i just got me a pretty rare T-type from what ive read. It needs some TLC but i found it!.. 1986 T-type - 31L 31U- (DK blue Met) Tan Leather interior column shift High console leather interior. looks pretty nice! Does anyone have one on here?? saw 1 guy on here with it, but didnt see any pics of it? Based on Kirbans info only 55 made in 86 with tan leather but how many were dk blue? Would like to get some history on this car im sure were'nt too many of these car's hanging around..Somebody bought this car new?? Anyone got any more info about the 86 DK blue tan leather #'s?? I Google'd it none came up only some tan colored ones and the 87 limited's ... nothing for 86??

I got a dark blue metallic 86 with grey leather interior. Astroroof , c68 climate control, pw,pl, rear defrost , digital dash, g80 , power seat, passenger seat reclines which is unusual with this type of seat. Pretty unusual car for sure.

As far as yours goes tan is a extremely uncommon interior about the only color that's rarer is sage green.

I have had tons of cars with grey, blue and maroon interior and only 3 with tan out of about 70 cars

A friend of mine & board member here " 86 TR " has this exact same combo car.

There's a small picture in his profile/avatar. You can't see the interior, so just trust me that it's the same, or PM him. He too knows just how rare this combo is.

There was a car with that combo in Dallas years(decades) ago. I looked at it around 1989 or so. It was cool but I didn't have the coin to own it at the time. Where did you find yours? Pix?

Will post up pics as soon as i get the car to my house, it was local in Miami its been right under my nose for all these years put away in a storage facility around me, problem is there were about 8 other cars in that warehouse that have been parked for over 2 years, some had flat tires and some wouldnt even start, so couldnt drive it home or tow it out of there. The buick started right up when a battery was placed on it =) ...motor is 100% stock. Didnt really check but this car seemed to have funny options.. off the top of my head i believe the driver side would recline, not sure about passenger, had carpeted trunk, for some reason it did not have a dome light, not sure why not, nor did i know the code off the top of my head so didnt pay it much mind on the rpo. The headliner was also leather.. not sure if that was done aftermarket or factory? It Did not have touch climate had regular ac controls, and it had the regular analog dash..dont think it had rear defrost but not 100% sure... Carpet is very clean, tan as hell looks like peanut butter, and seats had some tan seat covers to protect the leather with buick in the center those seat covers looked pretty nice under the cover's the Leather looked good..the high center console is pretty cool has blackout package and she is a hardtop will post up rpo as soon as i can..car is pretty cool im glad i can save her from that hot warehouse atleast she was indoor's and not rotting under a tree.

sure it's rare and unique and all that..
but it's still a tan interior, so that might not translate into being more valuable....

Well, got the car has some pretty cool codes ill try and post some pics , some rare codes haven't seen before are, ZR6 , 55A tryna post some pics 55A is from what ive researched gold pinstripe and zr6 is unclear some folks say show vehicle? but who knows?

PICS will be starting paint hopefully this week

Attachments

• RPO 86 T-TYPE.jpg
    RPO 86 T-TYPE.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 86 T-TYPE ENG.jpg
    86 T-TYPE ENG.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 180
  • DASH 86 TTYPE INT.jpg
    DASH 86 TTYPE INT.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 165
  • GM PROTE PLAN 86 TTYPE.jpg
    GM PROTE PLAN 86 TTYPE.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 86 SECURITY STICKER.jpg
    86 SECURITY STICKER.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 156
  • INT 1 86 T-TYPE.jpg
    INT 1 86 T-TYPE.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 182
  • INT 2 86 T-TYPE.jpg
    INT 2 86 T-TYPE.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 172
  • INT 3 86 T-TYPE.jpg
    INT 3 86 T-TYPE.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 86 TTYPE NEEDS PAINT.jpg
    86 TTYPE NEEDS PAINT.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 163
There was a car with that combo in Dallas years(decades) ago. I looked at it around 1989 or so. It was cool but I didn't have the coin to own it at the time. Where did you find yours? Pix?
Wonder if its mine? My car originally was purchased in Texas. In 2-20-1986. Same color combo interior combo as described above.

Received all the original documentation when I purchased the car from the current owner in Iowa. Have the bill of sale and says it was sold by Ewing Buick.
The original owner lived in prosper, texas.

PART_1344904968593.jpeg

me and you have matching car's mine also has a gold accent stripe just like yours.. does your have rpo zr6?