Raised white letters or blackwalls?

Kelsey Tire makes the factory correct Goodyear Eagle GT if anyone is Interested....$340 a piece :wideyed:

Kelsey Tire makes the factory correct Goodyear Eagle GT if anyone is Interested....$340 a piece :wideyed:

They have the wrong date codes on them though. They will show as being made recently, and therefore I'm not sure how many more points you would get at a show compared to any other stock size tire. It would be interesting to know how these tires would be judged at an event like the Buick Nats.

And if you are actually going to drive on them, I'd go to 235s all around at least.

Last edited:
That's a great idea...can you show me a diagram on how you did it? What about the other wires, how did you wire them in? Did you use some kind of adaptor for this? I'd like to do this for my scanmaster, and the using of the cigarette lighter is nice as all you'd do is unplug it, put it in the glovebox or trunk.....really nice idea. Please show me what you did if you don't mind.
Bruce '87 Grand National

I can't take credit for the idea, took it straight from another MAGNA member.
I'm swamped at work now, but will take some pix later on and post them up.

They have the wrong date codes on them though. They will show as being made recently, and therefore I'm not sure how many more points you would get at a show compared to any other stock size tire. It would be interesting to know how these tires would be judged at an event like the Buick Nats.

And if you are actually going to drive on them, I'd go to 235s all around at least.

You can't do anything about the date codes...it's a federal law to have the proper date codes on them as to when the tire was manufactured. To me I would buy the Newer Ones, at least the car would retain the factory appearance and they are MUCH safer than riding on now 28-29 year old tires just for a proper date code. I honestly don't think it hurts the cars value or appearance at a show. You see these 60s 70s muscle cars now running around on New Reproduction factory correct tires and nobody holds that against them, if any thing I always hear praise for people doing it.

They're definitely safer. No doubt about that. The question is how would three otherwise identical cars be scored in an important show...one with a set of original take offs, one with a set of repops, and one with another brand of stock size tires? I don't know the answer. As the owner of a brand new set of 1987 dated stamped Eagle GTs in the stock size, still in the BFG wrappers and as soft as the Radial TAs I'm having mounted as I type this, I'd like to know. ;)

And for any car worthy enough to spend $1300 on factory replica tires, it's probably not driven enough to worry about old hockey pucks. I'd put tires with the proper date code on for shows only. I have those too. I could lay a patch a block long with them on.

They're definitely safer. No doubt about that. The question is how would three otherwise identical cars be scored in an important show...one with a set of original take offs, one with a set of repops, and one with another brand of stock size tires? I don't know the answer. As the owner of a brand new set of 1987 dated stamped Eagle GTs in the stock size, still in the BFG wrappers and as soft as the Radial TAs I'm having mounted as I type this, I'd like to know. ;)

And for any car worthy enough to spend $1300 on factory replica tires, it's probably not driven enough to worry about old hockey pucks. I'd put tires with the proper date code on for shows only. I have those too. I could lay a patch a block long with them on.

* For the Judging...the Original correct date coded tires should win, then the Reproductions, then the off brands as long as the car was entered in a 'original' or Concourse type of class.

* While your correct date coded tires are still soft and wrapped, rubber ages and degrades over time...ever look at an old rubber band? I can tell you as someone who worked in the automotive field.... most manufacturers recommend replacing tires if they are 6-10 years past their Manufacturer date. There's a reason they do :)

* Yea it would be ok to run around your local area on the originals probably, but once you hit the highway and they start generating real heat, are you going to risk a tire blow out and a possible wreck or damage to your car for it? I know I sure in the Hell wouldn't. I guess some guys could have the original wheels/tires and swap them off and on at shows if they were that hard core. I 'm sure guys enjoy having a low mileage original car but also drive the car and take it to shows out of town, so I'm sure buying the reproductions makes sense for them.