Radio woes! Antenna??

Ron Kotwica

I had the power antenna replaced by a shop and now I get no stations to tune in. I am trying to find out the problem. If the antenna is not connected to the cable to the radio, how do I get to it? The stock stereo is not that great, but driving around with no radio at all is tough. I like the sound of the turbo, but some Sammy Hagar on top of that is a lot better! Any suggestions on what to look at if it is not the antenna?

They may not have properly reconnected the antenna co-axial back to the unit that they replaced. Since they have replaced it, take it back to them to fix the problem. If it is hooked back up, you will be able to pick up the radio stations again.

Problem is I don't want to go back to him. He was not totally honest with me and I want to do it on my own. I am hoping I can get to it without taking the fender off. Is this possible or am I in for something more than I expected!

the coaxal that Audiowizzard is pulged into the back of the head unit {radio} all u have to do is pop off the face plate on teh dash around the radio.. and remove the 4 screws holding it on... look for the plug on the back right bottom corner.. open it and see if the antenna is connected in the back..

I hope I didnt confuse anyone, I meant the power antenna itself since they had it apart, they either broke the connector or didnt plug it back in.

Ok all the connections to the antenna are visually fine. All connections to the radio are there. I was able to pull the coaxial through the engine bay where it is located in the fender. I found the connection, but cannot get the coax apart! It seems to twist and push in, but nothing comes apart! When I wiggled it around I got a stronger signal, but it would not stay. I am at a loss since I cannot get the darn antenna apart. Any ideas?

Either the antenna coax is bad or the connection on the power antenna itself is bad. I would try a new coax for about $20.00 (wouldnt hurt) and if that doesnt take care of it, pull the fender off slightly to get power antenna unit out and inspect it to see what is defective.