radio replacement

gsbuick65

what yall recomend? will one of these cd/cassette radios work out of a newer cad.? dont need nothing fancy.

Do the search plenty info there. Mine came from a 99 tahoe make sure unit has fan in the back.

Me personally I'd rather run a CD player (factory) out of a 1991-1993 Bravada. But you could always pick up a cheapy tape deck out of any 1984-1987 G body if all you want to do is fill in the hole.

there was a post a few months ago with pictures where someone used a deck from a Electra fit real nice a looked good had a cd player.. I think it was from a 93 model

Pioneer makes a nice aftermarktet radio thats the size of a GM Radio. I will try and find the part number tonight

I just got me a alpine cda-d852 off e-bay. got a wiring adapter from walmart. I think alpine and pioneer are the only ones that make a direct fit radio.

Any 1.5 or 1-1/2 DIN radio will be a direct fit, question is, why? The only reason for a 1.5 DIN (one and a half sizes taller than a standard radio) is to fill that big nasty factory hole in the dash. An install kit and any standard single DIN cd player can fill it and make it look factory. Since the death of the cassette tape, there has never really been a reason to make a CD/cassette deck since, but pioneer, Aiwa, Jensen and alpine keep hammering them out for people that want a $300 radio to play cassettes. Some people however like the look of a huge radio in the dash, whenever a customer was stuck on the idea of a cassette/CD deck, there was NO changing their mind, no matter how hard i tried.

ok got a install kit from walmart but i think this is for a din radio. how do I install this 1.5 din radio?

Well the kit is for installing a single din into that big hole in the dash. If you do in fact have a 1.5 din radio to put in, then you shouldn't need any kit at all, just a wiring harness. The only reason I could see you needing a kit is if you don't have the brackets for the radio, then sometimes the ones that come with the universal GM kits (scoshe or metra, not sure which one walmart carries) can be made to work with a factory or aftermarket radio. Luckily the regal is the easiest dash in my opinion to manage a radio into, there is a football field inside the opening of that thing compared to most imports and smaller domestics. I've pulled mine in and out so many times I could do it blindfolded. Not all GMs were created equal though, some of the G body dashes line up perfect, others no so perfect without a little persuasion.

yea I've got the factory brackets but they want bolt up to this Alpine stereo. unless I drill some holes into the side of it. So with the 1.5 din aftermarket radio I dont need a kit?