? radiator

bad2bone

badtobonebuick.com
looking for radiator - and question on what is cheapest yet efficient model / brand and vendor to go with for Turbo t-type model 87

We do not have cheap radiators, as they are usually crap.

For many years we have sold re-cored copper, hi-efficiency radiators, and the price has increased greatly since the 90's and are now $425.

I am also a distributor for Cold Case and did the testing for them as we have extreme hot conditions here, and it works fine.

The Cold Case alum radiator has the proper fitting for oil and trans cooler lines.

The price as shown on my web site is $399 plus shipping.

For many years we have sold re-cored copper, hi-efficiency radiators, and the price has increased greatly since the 90's and are now $425.

I am also a distributor for Cold Case and did the testing for them as we have extreme hot conditions here, and it works fine.

The Cold Case alum radiator has the proper fitting for oil and trans cooler lines.

ok thanks for reply and info

Hey Nick, I’m trying to find a direct drop in with fans and shroud. Some info I’m finding is that the cold case requires a little mod to fit correctly......does this differ between cars?? And what’s needed to make fit correctly?? Stopped by their stand at a car show and they look like quality pieces! Thanks

f body will be your cheapest route 80 bucks or so

I don't think it's really fair to leave out half the information.

Yes, the F-body radiator is a drop in. Yes, it's cheap. Yes, it works. However, it does not have the engine oil cooler and I believe the transmission oil cooler is in a different location and the lines need to be altered.

So I guess, technically, it's not really a drop in.

Man I wish I lived in the states sometimes .. I paid a mint for ColdCase.

There is always this one.
6d27de9b8a9dc6c0f4f13bb56946c771.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I don't think it's really fair to leave out half the information.

Yes, the F-body radiator is a drop in. Yes, it's cheap. Yes, it works. However, it does not have the engine oil cooler and I believe the transmission oil cooler is in a different location and the lines need to be altered.

So I guess, technically, it's not really a drop in.
you are so right GX1 just saying his cheapest option glad you let him know what he's in for :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: give it to him straight good man

you are so right GX1 just saying his cheapest option glad you let him know what he's in for :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: give it to him straight good man

Thank you for not thinking I was busting your chops, that wasn't it at all. After reading again, I probably should have worded that better.
The F-body radiator is definitely the cheepest option and may be a good choice for someone who is thinking of running a separate engine oil cooler and separate trans cooler or doesn't mind adapting the trans cooler lines a bit.

Turbo6inKY found in road racing the engine oil was heating up the coolant and trans fluid when they were all tied together.

You can use the buick 307 v8 radiator.cost the same as a f body but no oil cooler.trans line fit with no mods needed.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I won't get into brands and/or who's/what radiator to use but I will say, I live in Phoenix, AZ and don't run an oil cooler at all with no issues and I beat the crap out of my car on the street and at the track. I have a pyrometer and I keep an eye on it, but no oil cooler.

I have a stand alone trans cooler mounted where the original intercooler was because I run a front mount, works great!

I will say I have a pretty big aluminum radiator and dual Spal fans pulling air through it.

Again, this is only to help with your decision making process. Oh, and use some RMI25 mixed with whatever you use as coolant for much better cooling.

One more thing as food for thought. The most expensive part is not always the best part for you but I will say with certainty, the cheapest part will never fail to, at a minimum, disappoint you or as in many, many cases, cost you much, much un-needed heartache and additional money.

Best of luck to you in your quest.

Last edited:
F body is the cheapest and easiest to install option, basically a direct fit. I do not use any oil cooler and run a separate trans cooler so they were not a factor for me. Also, I have the dual spal fans. Car never goes over 180 degrees in the summer with A/C on. Usually stays right around 170-175.