Radiator??

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Any consensus on which rad combo is the overall best choice??
I have been searching for the "best bang for the buck" combo...
Most everything is a one off app, with some being ?? as to real cooling capacity.
I've found zero choices for an original fit alum, w/ the correct hose connections, steam line bung, etc. [Short of the national war debt to purchase.]:eek:

IMO, this is one of those items that falls into the "one and done category".
The engine will/may eventually be "leaned on" to make 8-900 FWHP. I don't want to be doing a "do over" on the cooling.

I've thot of:
A. The "will fit" rad, cut/weld on the correct hose necks, etc.
B. Cut up the core support, add a custom rad. [$$$]
C. Call Griffin, and bite the bullet!:(

NE/all comments are welcome.

Hint: WOULD BE NICE if a supplier/vendor would step up, and offer the LS crowd some love!:D

Alot of guys go with the fbody radiators. I would put one in if I didn't already have one. Check out the gbody thread. Nice to see your plugging away Chuck!

I am using a 3rd gen radiator. No idea if it will hold up to a turbo 6.0, but I alread have the radiator and I'm going to give it a shot. If it doesn't, I'll buy one that's better with similar dimensions and hose inlet/outlets.

I am using a 3rd gen radiator. No idea if it will hold up to a turbo 6.0, but I alread have the radiator and I'm going to give it a shot. If it doesn't, I'll buy one that's better with similar dimensions and hose inlet/outlets.

That's the issue w/ the F-body unit....No LS sized hose necks on that model. 98 is first model for LS.

Any consensus on which rad combo is the overall best choice??
I have been searching for the "best bang for the buck" combo...
Most everything is a one off app, with some being ?? as to real cooling capacity.
I've found zero choices for an original fit alum, w/ the correct hose connections, steam line bung, etc. [Short of the national war debt to purchase.]:eek:

IMO, this is one of those items that falls into the "one and done category".
The engine will/may eventually be "leaned on" to make 8-900 FWHP. I don't want to be doing a "do over" on the cooling.

I've thot of:
A. The "will fit" rad, cut/weld on the correct hose necks, etc.
B. Cut up the core support, add a custom rad. [$$$]
C. Call Griffin, and bite the bullet!:(

NE/all comments are welcome.

Hint: WOULD BE NICE if a supplier/vendor would step up, and offer the LS crowd some love!:D

Have contacted:
Griffin $600 + ride.
Northern $570+ride.
Bryce Radiator, [Ala] Right at $575/+ride.
Alradco Not available.

Still thinking of buying a rad, cutting it up, and saving about $200...

I have a replacement B-Cool aluminum radiator. I teed the steam hole lines together then tapped the top of the water pump for the return.

I have a replacement B-Cool aluminum radiator. I teed the steam hole lines together then tapped the top of the water pump for the return.

That's how I have the 6.0 in my 55.
Is the Be-Cool made w/ the LS water necks on it?