radiator

I put the F-body radiator last August when I had the stock clutch fan. I have an 85 GN(GN is only a body option-We are all really Regal TTYPE's). I bought a Modine 951 from NAPA(They have a cheaper NAPA model). The install requires the removal of the fan shroud. The trans cooler lines can be manipulated and will fit into the new radiator. The upper radiator hose has to be relieved from the IGN module bracket. The rubber hold down gromlets need to be moved to the drivers side. The remaining issue for me was finding a hold down bracket for the drivers side of the radiator. The f-body radiator is about six inches longer than the stock one. I got an 87 Cutlass 307 radiator hold down plate and cut it down. Direct bolt on. If you are staying with the clutch fan you can have my bracket for free. I am now in the process of converting to the electrc fan. I will gladly send you PICS. Brad

My email is gotboost85231@yahoo.com. I would love to see some pics. I just picked up that same radiator today. I am going to be running the stock fan clutch until this winter when i convert to an 87 electric fan. Did you use the stock upper hose because it looks like it might be a couple inches short? And which rubber gromlets are you talking about? If your not gonna use the bracket that would help alot.

Thanks
Brad

Sent you a PIC via e-mail. You will clearly see the modified 87 Cutlass bracket as well as how I lowered the IGN bracket in order to use the stock upper radiator hose. There are four rubber gromlets-two upper and two lower which separates the radiator from the upper hold down points and the radiator rests in the lower ones. You have to move the lower gromlet on the drivers side furthur out in order to accomodate the larger F-body radiator. I will need your address (e-mail) and I will send you my moded bracket. I have no use for it because I am going electric fan soon. I already have the electric fan and harness in route as well as a radiator hold down plate. Brad