Radiator Question....

xxninja

OK guys i sorta have a dilemna.....

I want a new radiator, but im having a hard time locating the correct one.

On mY car (85 GN) the trans lines actually screw into the side facing the front . They sorta wrap around the radiator and screw into the grill side.

And well every Radiator i have looked at for my car has the Trans Lines, On the Engine Side

Even the one from the Buick Dealer screwed into the Engine side.

am i missing something here?
Or is this how everyone elses Car is as well?
Or is every Auto parts place in Michigan, a bonehead?

IS the V-8 radiator , that alot of turbo regals guys use, Hook up the same way???

Or do i have to modiffy my trans lines?

Anyone have any advice for me?
I'd like to upgrade the radiator when i purchase the RC fans.

thanx alot :D

Are you running a '86/87 rad? I believe thats how the 86/87 radiator tranny lines hook up (grill side) w/ the oil cooler lines coming out towards the engine (if memory serves me right). As far as I know OE rad for 84/85 is basically the same radiator as the NA V6 except 3core vs. 2core w/ tranny lines coming out towards engine. Between my brothers and I weve had quite a few Hotair TRs and they were all this way.

Radiator

The transmission cooler lines enter from the engine side of the radiator on my 85 GN.
Peter

Hmmm im starting to think the original owner mighta replaced the OE radiator with an 86/87 unit.

It sorta puzzled me that i couldnt find one, I dont see too many turbo buicks in the area, to ask anybody !!!!!

i was curious though, if i swapped out the radiator with a v-8 radiator, would i have to modify the trans cooler lines?
isnt it from a camaro or impala or something?

i dunno which side they screw in On
any ideas????

Do you have any cooler ports on the engine side of your radiator??? They may have plugs in them...If there are, you probably do have the 86/7 radiator...They had cooler ports on the front and back of the pass side of the rad...

cooller lines

Xxninja I have an 85 hot air with 8500 miles never altered and it has the cooler lines entering the rad. on the grill side. Hope this helps some. Pat