Radiator baffles

counterman

The flexible rubber baffles behind the grille that direct air through the radiator instead of around it are looking rough and dry rotted on my car. What are you guys using for these? I reckon that something from Lowe's or a hardware store could be purchased and trimmed to replace the old stuff. Any ideas? Thanks, Counterman.

The flexible rubber baffles behind the grille that direct air through the radiator instead of around it are looking rough and dry rotted on my car. What are you guys using for these? I reckon that something from Lowe's or a hardware store could be purchased and trimmed to replace the old stuff. Any ideas? Thanks, Counterman.

GBody parts has a repro set.I tried thick inner tubes and other parts and they didn't work so well.

I got rid of mine. If you have an efficient cooling system, they aren't really needed. No ill effects here. Makes it easier to access stuff in that area too. :)

I get the material from here:

Old Buick Parts - CARS. Inc.

...it's identical to stock...rubber with fabric fibers embedded for strength...it won't tear...I like getting the sheets of material because then I can cut the pieces exactly like I want...I like to make some of them a little longer especially when I used it to box in the from area for my front mount...

I got rid of mine. If you have an efficient cooling system, they aren't really needed. No ill effects here.

GBodyParts.com Online

Actually they do make a small difference reguardless of the condition of your cooling system. One must always ask why GM put something on the car to begin with. They are there for a reason in other words. The TR and the MCSS are the only G-Bodies that use a full air direction box. One thing they share in common is that they both have an air dam on the front of the car. I bet the GM engineers experienced some over heating while testing these two models.