Racing with Powerlogger tips please?

GangsterMD

Turbo'd since '95
Hi guys, I'm looking to hit the track finally this weekend and I was wondering about a few things. How do others set up the powerlogger to record passes? What tps reading do you set it at? What if it starts recording while doing a burnout? Will it still record the pass? Or will it need to be reconnected? Anything else?
Thanks
D

I set it up to trigger off of the space bar. Start recording just before you go into the burnout box and let it run until you get back into the pits. That way you will get to see everything that is going on from burnout to getting back to the pits. :)

Agreed, use the space bar to start and stop. Don't use any triggers to start it. set your minimum record time to 20 or 30 seconds so if you forget to start it you can double tap the space bar when you cross the line and grab the previous 20 seconds or so.

I use the auto trigger , TPS @ 4.00 volts . But I do not start to monitor until after the burnout.

I also use the auto save. This works great for me.

I have found that the powerlogger has been the best money I have spent on the car , I monitor , egt, fuel pressure, boost, etc. Being able to look at all the info after the run in the pits , instead of trying to look @ all the gauges during the run is great.

I have forgot to start the recording many times. That double tap feature memory thing is cool.

I have found that the powerlogger has been the best money I have spent on the car , I monitor , egt, fuel pressure, boost, etc. Being able to look at all the info after the run in the pits , instead of trying to look @ all the gauges during the run is great.

Agreed! Fuel & Alchy pressure with the 2 extra ports.
But I use the spacebar just as I start my burnout.
Why would you forget to hit that? Pretty simple to do.

Agreed! Fuel & Alchy pressure with the 2 extra ports.
But I use the spacebar just as I start my burnout.
Why would you forget to hit that? Pretty simple to do.

Valid point , I hit "F8" after the burnout . So true , you still have to hit a key on teh computer