Rac'in at the flashlight drags

turboman38

It costs money to go fast
Ok guys went to the local flashlight drags tonight. It's a blast to just run the car without getting into trouble. Here is how I did.

Raced four 04 cobra mustangs. Beat two of them and got beat twice. The one I really wanted to beat I raced twice. It's my good friend who sold his GN and bought a new Cobra. He beat me buy a car length. He certainly has learned how to drive his car. I cannot hook for crap. I come out of the hole with about 500 rpms and no boost. Once the car gets moving (30 mph or so) I put it to the floor and it just spins. If I had some tires I think I could of beat him. Real nice bunch of guys. The one Cobra I did beat said he went 11.75 on slicks with a 5000 rpm launch.

I did redeem myself and blew the doors off a Viper and a lighting. What a blast!
:D If any of you live around Pittsburgh I highly recommend doing this. $20 and all the runs you want. No timeslips and it's a little longer than an 1/8 mile. The do it on an air strip.

Have a great night!

Blew the doors off a Viper?:eek: Damn dude, what does your car run?
In St. Louis (actually across the river in IL) Gateway International does a street car shootout every Tuesday night. It's a professional dragstrip where they run top fuel and funny cars on ESPN. Sometimes my dad and my g/f go with me and I race 'em, pretty fun. They have clocks and timeslips. The 16 fastest cars get a cool window sticker and at the end of the night the two fastest have a showdown. You have to have street tires and comply with NHRA safety regulations. It's 15 bucks for as many passes as you can make unless you have a AAA card (which I do), then it's only $10. Can't beat that!:D

thats awesome! i wish they had something like that around here. insted i have to drive to the track thats an hour away, pay $30 and get about 5 runs.

great time!

Wait until I get my Whipple blower Jim. You are going to need some military spec binoculars to see my tail lights then. he he.. :D

Not with heads and slicks I won't need binoculars. You forget you have twice as much money in your car as I have in mine.:D

Heh.. I am not scared. All I have to do is call Melissa and tell her your plans with the car and you will be chained to the porch with the little dogs and not allowed to get out to the garage to put the heads on. :)

Originally posted by turboman38
Not with heads and slicks I won't need binoculars. You forget you have twice as much money in your car as I have in mine.:D