racetroinx fan wiring harness

Mark Brokaw

Does anybody have a link for the wiring instructuions to the racetronix fan wiring harness?
Needed asap if possible,thank you.

I got the connector wired.Does anybody have a step by step on the installation of the harness.Would be much appreciated.thanks

Here's what I got when I ordered mine from Racetronix. I haven't received it yet, so can't give any advice at this point.

Ooops, posted without reading that you had already done this.

Hope this helps:

Cut off the Valeo 4-position fan connector leaving as much wire as possible.
Trim back the black covering on the black/yellow/green wires by 2.5"
Place the green wire through one blue seal supplied.
Place the yellow wire through one blue seal supplied.
Place the two black wires through one blue seal supplied.
Strip the ends of the green, yellow and two black wires by 3/16".
Using a pair of 'B' crimpers or fine tip pliers crimp the wires onto the supplied terminals as shown.
Using a pair of round crimpers or fine tip pliers crimp the back terminal ears around the blue seals as shown.
Solder the terminals as shown. Do no get solder anywhere other than on the crimp area as shown.
Apply some supplied silicone grease to the seals and inlets of the wires to help seal and insertion.
Insert the black wire(s) into channel 'C' of the supplied connector.
Insert the green wire into channel 'B' of the supplied connector.
Insert the yellow wire into channel 'C' of the supplied connector.
Insert the TPA / black terminal lock on the backside of the connector
The yellow and green wires can be reversed as it is a combination of both having power that provides high fan function.

Pictures for review:
http://www.racetronix.com/Manuals/RX-G7-DFH/

esinger,
got that baby together.I just wanted a step by step with the harness installation.Didnt want to mess anything up.thanks

racetronix dual fan harness instructions

I think I lost the instructions and I can't find them online. The dual fan has a pair of grounds, a yellow an da green wire. The racetronix harness has a single ground and a red and blue wire. I imagine you just tie the grounds together, but does the green go to the blue an dyellow to red, or is it green to red and yellow to blue?

this is how i ran mine from the first batch ,

from an email i sent to racetronix

to start with I replaced the RC fan connector as you instructed and all went well , then i cut the ears off the RC fan and grooved it where the ears were cut off to match the rest of the edges and it poped right into the radiator between the end tanks and dropped it to the bottom where it cant move because of the lower flange , to hold the top i used the factory lower fan bracket on the top.
next came your harness
starting near battery. (i removed the battery ), fastened the small ground loop under factory fender ground bolt, then attached fuses holders (side by side) to the fender just forward of the grounds (this allows just enough room for a 75 series delco battery), then installed the relays into the support opening behind headlamps (hung them from the top of the opening with relays facing forward (can just see them looking down between the header panel and the radiator support)
then I ran the fan connector end of harness along the top of the RC fan housing (and behind the factory lower bracket) . the power connections to the RC fan reached just past the bracket at other end , (the bracket has holes in the ends so i tied the harness off using those holes) attached the factory harness to yours and connected the ground loop to the inner fender support above the ps box, then went back and dropped in the battery , connected your ground improver strap to the neg terminal and attached the battery loops to the pos battery terminal .

jack suggested running it with the connector at that bottom , this way the wires are mostly out of sight , i just did mine the way i did because i never thought about direction when i dropped the fan in and wired accordingly

Hi Jack/Racetronix,
I received dual fan harness yesterday and I see all the instructions for an 86-87 setup, but I need installation instructions for an 85.

Thanks