RaceGate, ATR, or Innovative ProGate?

325DR

Which of the 3 is best to use for high 28+ psi through a typical TSM combo. Is the ATR gate good enough or is one of the more expensive gates needed?

I wouldn't waste my money on an ATR gate...Prone to various problems. I would go with the Innovative Gate if I was choosing one of the three. Personally I prefer the Tial stuff. HTH

Innovative pro gate here, I chose this one over the others after hearing of binding problems with the other units , Its a solid piece with good materials used, The cast iron bottom half is also coated and wont rust .

Just a note on wastegates

Detagates/racegates suck IMO. Cast iron housing rusts and since it is the seat for the puck, you lose your seal which leaks exhaust gases past the puck. They wear out inside since they have a crappy shaft/sleeve setup that ends up binding. They are not precisely made and have too many parts to wear out. I dont like them, etc.

Ive heard of sticking ATR wastegates too.

Tial is well known among the import tuners as being one of the best wastegates you can purchase. Stainless steel housing never rusts, replaceable seat means that its rebuildable past the point of a deltagate/racegate. And the build quality/tolerances is much nicer.

Problem with wastegates is that they cost upwards of 300 for a good one.

There is a company that makes wastegates nearly identical to the tial wastegates in every aspect except for the tial name. They sell for 120 on ebay and they work. I purchased a 38mm and ive never been happier with boost control. Just trying to save you guys some cash.

Does the Innovative ProGate use the same flange as a Turbonetics RaceGate (ie: are they interchangeable on the same downpipe)?

Also, GS70350 can you send me a link to the unit you are using, Id like to check it out. Are you running high boost (28+) and is it steady?

Thanks.

325DR said:
Does the Innovative ProGate use the same flange as a Turbonetics RaceGate (ie: are they interchangeable on the same downpipe)?

Also, GS70350 can you send me a link to the unit you are using, Id like to check it out. Are you running high boost (28+) and is it steady?

Thanks.
The pro gate does use the "ATR style " flange

Use the Innovative Stuff if you already have the race gate type flange.
I will probably use 2 on my race motor. The Tial Stuff is good but I have not seen a unit from them with the race gate type flange.

Good info here guys, thanks. Looks like Ill be going with the ProGate after hearing about the problems with the others.

GS70350 said:
Just a note on wastegates

There is a company that makes wastegates nearly identical to the tial wastegates in every aspect except for the tial name. They sell for 120 on ebay and they work. I purchased a 38mm and ive never been happier with boost control. Just trying to save you guys some cash.

Do you know the companie's name?

Dont know the company they source it from but its sold under the name "cold mountain racing". A company called SSautochrome sells them too, but they have horrible customer support and some bad products as well.

Im using this deltagate-type flanged 38mm unit. Works fine at 25psi, havent tried 28 but i dont see why it wouldnt work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7982281601&category=33742

Same company makes HKS copies as well, such as this one if your in need of more flow, say up to 50 mm or so. These use a larger 4 bolt flange pattern.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7982249750&category=33742

Llink is bad man. If it looks like its the right pattern it probably is. There isnt an abundance of patterns when it comes to wastegates.

Master Power makes a Tial knock off's.

Then again,so do ALOT of other people.I saw a somthing on hondatech about a turbo from SSautochrome come apart on the compressor housing.Apparently it was glued together :eek:

GS70350, the link I tried to post was the one you posted on Ebay for $120- thats the one I want to know if it will fit my ATR downpipe to replace the existing ATR external
Thanks for anyones input