Raced a GN in my Accord and got *beat*

Cryptic

My friend Jeff got a beautiful GN about a month ago (only 38k miles on it, pretty much stock) and it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Well, since he got it we've mostly taken his car out and about, but the other day I was following him in my Accord ('95, bone stock unless you count foglights :p) because he was going to drop his car off so that we could party and he wouldn't have to worry about it. There's a nice little straightaway by our Freshman high school campus and we pull up side by side at the stop sign.

I didn't really expect anything, but I gunned it off the line anyway and he just sits at the sign until I have about 5 or maybe even 6 lengths on him and he suddenly jumps (yes, JUMPS) the gap closed almost instantly as I watch him in my rearview mirror and proceeds to take me by about 8 lengths. Keep in mind this isn't a full 1/4, just a straight that I don't even know the distance of. But I can verify that it's not any longer than a 1/4 mile.

Well, I've never been beaten that bad in my life, although I don't race too often, and it sucked knowing that I did, but it was cool knowing Jeff's car is that fast. I called him an a$$hole the rest of the day because I didn't have a car that was nearly as nice and he just kinda smirked at it thinking he was all cool :cool: and perhaps he was...

p.s. Did I mention that I was giving it full throttle and he was only giving it maybe 75% because he doesn't have his scanmaster and is deathy afraid of knock :rolleyes:

sweet!

Haha, that's pretty funny! Hey, it's all cool though, he's definitely got a little power advantage over you ;) Racing is fun, whether you win or lose. I used to mess with everything in my Probe GT, 300ZX turbos, VR-4s, Mustang GTs, you name it. I had no delusions about winning, but it was always fun to be wide open and just have another car sail by. I like to see what other cars can do, whether it be in my rear view (now) or a buncha carlengths in front of me (then).
Unfortunately all those Probe killers seem to be on leave now that I have my GN. Hmmm... :D

Hehe, I keep telling Jeff he needs to get rid of that stock fuel pump and chip and get a scanmaster! That GN he has is a beauty. I'm sure glad he took his time and found one that clean.

I concur

Yea, in a few days Jeff's gonna put in an order for all that stuff. At the latest Monday is what he said. We'll see. I'm gonna be on his a$$ about it, because I want to ride with him when he gives it his all. If you see him around or talk to him, bug him too. I hope he doesn't read this post :D . If you are reading this Jeff...uh...this isn't really me...:p .

BTW Justin, I'm gonna figure out a way to get a ride in your car :cool: . I don't know how yet, but I will :)

Didn't wan't me to see what? :rolleyes: If you think I don't want my new parts, toss me a few bills and see where it goes. Until then, I'll be rolling in to work with the car as is.

We got the 3 KW boys posted on the same thread. Sweet. Yea, well you'd best order those parts ASAP or I'll order them for you and then just make you give me the $$ when they come in.

Looks like Cryptic is smarter than some of them Honda boys in NY,that think there Sh!t is flyin.:cool: :D