Race with a VW Jetta

Chris McDade

I was cruising my ttype the other night to my brothers house. I was at a stop light and looked in the rear mirior and saw this vw jetta coming up in the next lane. He had the load stereo , nice wheels , and a big fart can in the back. He looks at me. I give him the look back. The light turn green ,but we couldn't race because there where alot of other car around. So we both try to get in front of all the cars so we could catch the next light. Well we end up catching the next light. I pulled up next to him and said you wanna run. He says sure. The light turns green and I let him roll out a little ( I had street tires on ) so I don't spin of the line. He about one car ahead of me and i put it to the floor. I go by this guy spinning in second gear like he is standing still. I get to about 60 or 70 and let off. I look behind me and he come flying by me and goes up to the next uturn and go back the other way. I don't think he will be racing another buick ttype any time soon.:D

Later guys

Good to see you smacking down some rice....

Chris, I think the Jetta guy probably had a look on his face like this.......... :eek: LOL! He must of thought this was the Slow and the Delerious:eek: :D Bawahahahahaha

Later, Steve

Hey Steve,
How did you know what he looked like. ...lol
He probably had to go home and clean his pants.....:D

LMAO

Chris, I'd feel pretty stupid if I was in a VW Jetta and even thought I had a chance against a TR, but I'm not an ignorant ricer lol! He must've felt pretty small when you flew by him. I think ricers like that should wear Depends this way they don't have to go home and change their pants:D :eek: hehe

Originally posted by Chris McDade
I look behind me and he come flying by me and goes up to the next uturn and go back the other way.

What - no finger? :confused:

No he didn't give me the finger. :D

He knew that he couldn't out run me if I was to start chasing him to kick his a%$..:D

Later

why bother?
don't you have any better cars to race against? hehe

i don't even think about it unless the guy is a total ass or i know that the other car is mildly fast.

:D

I pulled up next to him and said you wanna run. He says sure.
I don't see why you guys are bashing the kid. Not every one that owns a foreign car is a "ricer" and flips the bird. VW/Audi/Porsche = same company... Maybe he should have turned down the race right, cause his car is a POS :rolleyes:
I'd feel pretty stupid if I was in a VW Jetta and even thought I had a chance against a TR, but I'm not an ignorant ricer lol!
86Brick, I know a few people with fast VW's that hate rice just like you that will make you wish you didn't leave home with grandma's depends... :D

I don't drive my car all the time. Just on weekends and nice days. So if i get some ricer or who ever wants to race me bring it on. I love to show of how fast my car is. :D

You guys need to consider the REMOTE possibility that some guys instigate just to see our cars go. I don't care what I am driving. If I line up to a fast car, I wanna see what he can do, especially a GN. I would instigate when I drove a beetle! I know I aint gonna win, I want to see the show.

Sorry, but IMO taking a Jetta and making it fast is stupid and I consider it rice! That would be like me taking my daily driver '97 Chevy Malibu which has a little 3.1 liter N/A V6 that has 175hp and trying to make it fast. NO thanks! The Jetta is a nice little econo car that gets great gas mileage and that's all it's intended for! Sure you can make it fast, but you can make anything fast with enough money invested, but you and I both know a Jetta is NOT a performance car like a TR. I would rather start with a fast performance car like a TR that has potential of going fast without having to spend a sh!t load of $$$$ and time like you would with an econo car like a Jetta............ Just my 2 cents!:)

Don't like my opinion too bad......

GotBoost,
you are an assclown and so are your ricer friends with their Jetta's that they have to spend $10k to run 13's!:eek: If speed kills ricers with Jetta's will live forever and they should make sure they wear their Depends LMAO:p I'm done talking to some guy who thinks VW Jetta's are in the same league as TRs:eek: :confused:

You know what 86Brick...
Your an arrogant punk. You need to realize that everybody has the right to do WHATEVER they want to their cars. You drive what you like, let everybody drive what they like. I know a lot of people with fast "rice" cars, and a lot with fast American cars. Go and re-read your previous post and see who the real "ricer" is. Stop bashing Foreign cars, Fords or anything else thats not a TR, by the way 'assclown', my GN is faster than yours... hahahahaha :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Chris McDade
I was cruising my ttype the other night to my brothers house. I was at a stop light and looked in the rear mirior and saw this vw jetta coming up in the next lane. He had the load stereo , nice wheels , and a big fart can in the back. He looks at me. I give him the look back. The light turn green ,but we couldn't race because there where alot of other car around. So we both try to get in front of all the cars so we could catch the next light. Well we end up catching the next light. I pulled up next to him and said you wanna run. He says sure. The light turns green and I let him roll out a little ( I had street tires on ) so I don't spin of the line. He about one car ahead of me and i put it to the floor. I go by this guy spinning in second gear like he is standing still. I get to about 60 or 70 and let off. I look behind me and he come flying by me and goes up to the next uturn and go back the other way. I don't think he will be racing another buick ttype any time soon.:D

Later guys

S#it, I wouldn't race a GN!!!
I remember those SOBs hitting 0-60 in like 4.6 seconds...........STOCK!!!! :eek:

Nice kill Chris. He might have thought it was just another Maroon Monte Carlo!!!:D

Trying to get the GN ready so I can come down and terrorize the streets with ya....;)

BTW: Did the TTA guys in Houston, ever hook up with you?

bsdlinux,
You bring that gn down and we can go do some damage down here in Houston. I know where all the ricers hang out:D

How is the gn running?

I should have mine back together in a couple of months.

See ya

Chris

The TTA left yesterday, so now I can concentrate on the GN.

How do she run?? :D

When I picked up the GN 2 months ago , I only had about 4 miles to drive to get her home. It was at night and I was trying to play it cool. The car is loud as hell and I didn't want to attract too much attention.

An 2001 LS1 SS, with gauge pods, stickers, etc; apparently sees me coming up behind him. I am minding my own business only going 50 or so, just trying to get the car home. He nails it, I figure what the hell, I nail it too. I almost hit him in the bumper, then I change lanes passing him spinning the tires at over 50. Got out of it and exited the highway on my exit. I am sure the guy in the LS1 is still thinking what the hell was that....

Sorry this wasn't a real kill story. I wasn't looking for a race; I just burped the car a little and got off the highway. :rolleyes:

I haven't had the GN out since, but it looks like I will be having some fun with this car.

Chris, I hope to see you soon. I should be down around the 4th but without the GN :(

BTW: I have seen Chris's car. Nice.
Man get some tires on that thing!!!

Gary