Race gas....what's the deal???

bryguy

BACK IN BLACK !!!
With my combo in my sig. I want to know if I can get race gas and have some better performance??? Has anybody used it and what kind of gains do you get? Also what octane should I get ? Thanks
Bryan:eek:

Using race gas, and a race chip will unleash a whole different beast. The higher the octane, the more boost you are going to be able to run without knock. I was able to run about 22 psi of boost on VP 110 without knock when the track temperature was 138 degrees. I am going to go back to the track on the 26, and use VP C16. I have a friend who got 30+ lbs of boost on a pt52 turbo that made a 10 second pass and no knock on C16. The better the gas, the more power you can make, and the less chance of damaging you engine.

Assuming your car is tuned properly i.e. no knock, you will see large gains going from pump gas, street chip and low boost. Use good gas like C16, use a high timing race chip with approx 26* of timing and turn up the boost to 24# or so in 1# increments and tune for no knock. It has been my experience that you will pick up at least .5 sec and gains of over a full second are not unheard of. :D

Have you tried the GT100 over at the Sunoco on Broad St? You don't mention your chip but if your running a 92 or 93 octain chip you should be OK with that. Works for me and littlesixsteve. I have also used Xylene mix that worked very well too.
Opps see you have a 94 chip. Still should be OK.

Hey Pronto !!!

I was wondering if you upped your boost or fuel pressure or if you just added race gas & or Xylene mix and noticed a dif without doing anything except adding fuel. ??? I posted a thread about Q's on Xylene but am a little reluctant to put foreign fuel in my tank unless I get proof that nothing harmful will happen. Thanks
Bryan:eek: