race fuel

GNBlack

ok where does one get race fuel? i am assuming you get it at your local race track? how much is it and how much of a difference does it make on your car....with and without a race chip to go with it. thxs!

U can get Race gas at the track or at performance shops and Junk yards in the United States. I don't know where in Canada;)
U need some kind of high octane or alcohol cause the race chip bumps the timing to 26deg which requires race gas. Its a big difference. Go to the track and run stock and 92 octane. Then run
race gas with race chip and u will see the difference. Night and day difference:D

I maybe wrong but I think Canada has a ban on any leaded fuels unless it's under a speical permit. This was one of the reasons that NHRA and IHRA stopped having events up there for a while because there was no way for a while to get leaded race fuel.

I'm sure someone will pipe up if I'm wrong.

Take Care

Hmmm not sure 100% on this either... I think we have race gas at our local tracks but it could be just a high octance unleaded fuel. :confused:

Well at least there is 94 pump gas that can be driven with from Sunocco. That will prevent detonation at least that much more than 92. Does someone make a chip to work with 94??

Canada lifted the leaded ban several years ago after NHRA pulled their event out of Sanair, Quebec in the mid '90s. VP also has a distributor in Montreal, Quebec. Look up VP/ Torco/ Sunoco or whoever you want on the internet and they will list their distributors. HTH Brian

There are many GN guys around Vancouver. Hook up with them as they do lots of racing. I will send a note to one of them to contact you.

Mikey, what was the barrel of Sunoco worth? I bought a barrel of philips 66 b32 (110) that was about $400 and the B33(114) at the time was 441.......

Just wondering.

Thanks....