Race fuel with no tune. Will it hurt?

Prob will be running rich. You will need two different tunes. One for regular pump gas and one for race fuel. It's going to get confussing fast. I would go with one or the other. A good tune and a tune with no knock is what you are shooting for. Once you get that then more tuning for even better performance. Why do it twice?

Order a second chip from Turbo Tweak or somebody. One for race gas, one for street gas. Just change out the chips when you go to the track and pump up the boost. I would suggest trying it at home before you head to the track so you can get used to how much boost and what kind of adjustments you need to make.

Just a though
Zack

Also too much octane will slow the car down .. I mix with 93 at 100 octane with very good results .. Any more and i slow down ..

Yep. A rich tune kills the horsepower. You could use two different chips. It's going to be a pain changing tunes all the time.

I bought just one chip 100 octane. When im not at the track i run 93 and turn the boost down to 20psi .. At the track 27psi at 100 octane .. No problems ..no knock ..

Why does additional octane enrichen the fuel system? Doesn't the fuel injectors Duty cycle remain the same? The fuel regulator hasn't been adjusted to run a higher fuel pressure? The fuel pump hasn't been changed to create more volume? Isn't octane the method for avoiding detonation/knock and having a more efficient burn in the cylinder? So, I don't understand how additional octane would cause a rich condition? Anyway, I had a little 104 left and ran it thru the lawn mower, ran like a champ.

Why does additional octane enrichen the fuel system? Doesn't the fuel injectors Duty cycle remain the same? The fuel regulator hasn't been adjusted to run a higher fuel pressure? The fuel pump hasn't been changed to create more volume? Isn't octane the method for avoiding detonation/knock and having a more efficient burn in the cylinder? So, I don't understand how additional octane would cause a rich condition? Anyway, I had a little 104 left and ran it thru the lawn mower, ran like a champ.

In my years of dealing with performance, it is my understanding that a higher octane fuel burns slower to avoid detonation and does not affect fuel mixture. :rolleyes:

You can have too much octane, especially in a turbo car, which can slow down spooling, but is still could develop more HP.

But basically too much octane would NOT hurt your car. Not enough octane will CERTAINLY hurt your engine. :mad:

This discussion, like many others on the board, does NOT consider a very important item, and that is the proper selection of all items for a definite performance goal, or simply the right COMBINATION of parts, including fuel, for a specific performance goal either on the street or strip. :confused:

get a 100 octane chip from tt. get a powerlogger too and you can adjust the timing fuel as needed for street/track. with the ability to take out timing and adj fuel no need to swap chips. just turn the boost down as needed.