race at the rock

TURBOKID

nov 9 and 10 10am both days
classes are
efi shoot out street tires and mufflers 20. aday to race you make 3 qualifying passes and the fastest is your dail in and you run off of a pro tree. this racing is a hole lot better than bracket still and all of the other buick meets should start haveing a class like this.
also mustang, f-body class also imports and the pure street outlaws will be there

Richie I agree its some of the best kind of racing out there you dont have to worry about the guys with delay boxes and other electronics. I will be down there and hopefully we can get some more people with GNs to show up.

Richie----if i have my car back together by then i will be there(just got all my parts back 3 days ago:rolleyes: ).Is this a normal "made in the usa shootout"?

Craig----you are up to whopping 7 posts now----you better slow down:D

Geoff Hall

I thought I read you were going to Reynolds Geoff??

Speaking of posts I see I am now 5 ahead of you :D

Sully

Sully------i will get a quick post in here:D
I had inquired about Reynolds--i thought it would be fun--i had no idea i would be waiting this long on my heads to get back from the machinist and more important--the da#@ headbolts from ARP.I ordered them two days after we got back from Bristol and they just came in 3 days ago.I have about a million other projects--but if i can get the car back together---"the rock" would be a great test-n-tune for me.I really want to make a couple of passes before the season ends to see if all the improvements i have made are going to make any difference:rolleyes:
Good luck at Reynolds.

Geoff H

Geoff I like to keep my post numbers low! The race at the rock is different from previous races ( EFI shootout all makes with efi/street tires and mufflers) ( all GM F-body cars street tires and mufflers) quickest pass is your dial in.Hopefully we will have atleast 4-5 GNs.

CK you most not be counting my two cars and yours, the way I see it, it should be about 8 cars everyone trying to tune them all at the same time :(. make sure you bring your tools so you can help me BUDDY!

turbokid still look'n at the twins

ok so your car is fixed now. we are going to have what 4 cars with new turbos on them and one newbe that has run 96mph the first time out. should be a big time with all the car there. to bad the pt-91 will not make it, i really wanted to spot you an 1/8 mile:)haha

The way I see it now I might not be able to hang with all those Quality Auto tuned cars!:D

Craig--glad to hear your car is running?--i think anyway--by the conversation.

I hope you guys have a good time tomorrow--if i had 3-4 more days--i would join you.My car is totally back together and running GREAT--just need some break in time before i kill it.

Anyway---enjoy yourself and beat up on the vette guys for me:D --they have some cars coming down---but nothing serious--esp. like Richie's 300 FT. wheelstand:eek: :eek: ---is that car going to be there????

Geoff Hall

YES YES YES IT WILL MAKE IT!!

IT IS ABOUT 12:00 AM FRIDAYNIGHT AND iM STILL AT THE SHOP TRYING TO GET THE CARS READY TO GO TO THE ROCK THIS WEEKEND AND YES THE LAST ONE IS FIXED "MINE" THE RACE CAR WILL BE COMING DOWN TO TEST ON THOSE TINY 28'S TO SEE IF i WILL RACE WITH THE PURE STREET CLASS ON SUNDAY. IT WILL BE COMING DOWN ON AN OPEN TRAILER BECAUSE I HAVE ALREADY GOT ANOTHER CAR LOADED THAT A GUY WANTS ME TO TUNE FOR HIM IN MY TRAILER.BUT IT WILL MAKE IT.
HEY CK IF YOU WANT ONE OF MY COOL LOGS I WILL SAVE ONE FOR YOU. BUT AS TOO TAKING IT EASY ON YOU YAH YOU CAN COUNT ON IT;)
TURBOKID
is back in his car

the good the bad and the ugly from the rock! My car runs a 11.58 off the trailor,on nittos! the bad- this bad ass turbo has run my injectors out of fuel -the ugly the more I adjusted the slower it went :mad: 2 of the Quality Auto cars stared out great only to succumb to transmission problems (must have been all the HP)Louis's car ran very good.The Kibler's did good in the EFI shoot out .The stage two race car I think had one of its best runs in the1/8 of course with the front wheels sky high.The only mustang in our group (David) had some problems but has great potential ( I think he is probably working on it right now):rolleyes: Geoff break in what is that.Hope fully sun will fare better for everyone:)

Craig---thanks for the update--i have been wondering all day how everyone was doing.11.58 on nittos at the rock is flying.

I was hoping you guys are beating up on some of the vette guys,i am leaving this morning for an auto-x in the vette and some of those fellows will be at that event and i wanted to razz them a bit;)

I hope you guys have a good time today and give us another update on today's events.

Geoff

After a long weekend I'm at home and ready for bed. CK talked about sat. race but did not say that I think 2 out of the top 3 cars in the efi class was QAS cars. Craig and Louis dont remember who was 2 or 3. Louis went 7.16 @96 and low 11's in the 1/4 on dot tires. Race car went 5.34 135.9 on those 28x 10's

then the next day *******NEWS FLASH******
NUMBER ONE QUALIFERS IN EFI STREET AND OUTLAW PURE STREET ARE BUICKS
CRAIG IN EFI
RICHIE IN PURE STREET
BUT TRACTION PROBLEMS AND BROKEN PARTS TAKE US OUT AFTER 2ND AND 3RD ROUNDS.