Rabbit with my pistol!

chadly

This has been a challenge to say the least. I’ve e been out several times and just trying to find a rabbit in the deep snow is impossible let alone shoot one on the run with a pistol. The snow is deep and walking is very tough. About a half hour in and I’m sweating like its work. Season ends Sunday and finally tonight I was able to get one. It’s been many years since I’ve eaten rabbit so I will let you know how it tastes. We plan on eating it this weekend. And here is a one picture of my wife and daughter (the picture takers).

Attachments

• P1090165.jpg
    P1090165.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 371
  • P1090166.jpg
    P1090166.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 380
My Mom used to make a great rabbit cacciore. It kind tastes like chicken. When we were kids they told us it was chicken but the bones were much different and my sister and I figured it out. We still ate it though. I worked at at hospital kitchen as a teen and the Italian chef used to raise rabbits for slaughter. I was the only one that would eat it. He gave my parents a fresh dressed one that was delicious. I don't know how a wild one would be in comparison. Let us know.

Nice shot. Most people use beagles and a shotgun. My off the boat Sicilian, mother in law makes unbelievable rabbit stemperatta sp?. full of garlic, marinated olives and peppers. That is the only way I've eaten rabbit. Really good Italian restaurants make a chicken version of the dish.

Fried wabbit makes the best gravey in the world,well you have to make it but it helps in the wabbit was present during some of the frying........:biggrin:

Hang on a second there Rambo!

Im not cool with this thread for obvious reasons:frown:! Ur lucky I havent had a chance to teach that rabbit my tricks or U would stil be out there freezing ur @ss off.

Rabbit pot pie

:biggrin:Well here is what I did with the rabbit. I soaked it over night in salt water. Then put it in a crock pot with carrots, turnips, onions, and cream soup. I let it cook about 9 hours. I drained the soup and pulled the meat from the bones. My wife rolled out a homemade pie crust. She added some canned goodies from her garden (peas, corn, and green beans). Rabbit pot pie was awesome to say the least. I just may have to start shooting few here and there when the opportunity arises.

:biggrin:Well here is what I did with the rabbit. I soaked it over night in salt water. Then put it in a crock pot with carrots, turnips, onions, and cream soup. I let it cook about 9 hours. I drained the soup and pulled the meat from the bones. My wife rolled out a homemade pie crust. She added some canned goodies from her garden (peas, corn, and green beans). Rabbit pot pie was awesome to say the least. I just may have to start shooting few here and there when the opportunity arises.

like this

Attachments

• 1243110830_053_pics.jpg
    1243110830_053_pics.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 399