R these quality speakers

A

AsphaltAnihil8r

I was thinking of using these for the rear deck,leaving space for the subs bass to come thru around the 5.25.
I hope they are good speakers ;) ;)

nice...but

1. McIntosh are nice, period.

2. They will not fit on a G-Body rear deck without fabricating a special baffle to mount them.

3. Rear fill is a waste of money since the Stereo sound has ONLY 2 channels and NO rear fill information.

Save your money for a set of high quality kick-panel and/or door panel drivers.

Re: nice...but

Originally posted by darkfa8
1. McIntosh are nice, period.

2. They will not fit on a G-Body rear deck without fabricating a special baffle to mount them.

3. Rear fill is a waste of money since the Stereo sound has ONLY 2 channels and NO rear fill information.

Save your money for a set of high quality kick-panel and/or door panel drivers.

I have Infinity Kappa 50.2CS for the Kick Panels (in front)
Rear deck will have the McIntosh 5.25 in sealed eclosures
Trunk will have 2 AudioBahn Alum 10's in .66 cu ft each.with the sub sound coming thru the opening that is leftover from the McIntosh rear speakers..
Hope it sounds good

Dennis

I would have to disagree that rear-fill is a total waste...it can be executed very nicely, its just HARD to do, not something someone with little experiance needs to even try.

The whole rear-fill thing is just a personal taste IMO. Its better or worse depending on WHO you talk to. ;)

I won't run rear fill in my car for 2 reasons. 1) I like the 4x10 openings in the rear deck, it allows for LOTS more bass incab. 2)I like 'simplistic' approaches. Which is why I would rather just use my P1R's eq settings and avoid the whole seperate EQ because of the complexity that it adds. But thats just me. I don't compete, I just am going for the neverending search for a GREAT sounding stereo :D